Chapter 9 - Under the unbrella

"I see? What does that mean?" I said in confusion looking at him with a straight face.

"It shows me that you do random acts of kindness, and are almost always going to jump up to help." Jack said looking at me but not with a strong expression it was more gentle and honest.

"So your telling me you got all of that from what happened?" I say with a tone that says I don't believe him. I can hear Lola chuckle in the background behind Jack.

"I think so, that's what I get from what I have heard so far." He says then looking over to his right as the waitress comes over with our drinks.

"Your food will be out shortly, here are some straws for your waters. If you need anything I will be just inside by the doors." The lady says and I give her a nod and then she sets out waters down in front of us and leaves.

I take a sip of water before I start to talk again. "How long have you been working at the flower shop?" I ask curiously looking back up to him.

"My grandmother actually owns it and I have been helping there and working there since I was a little boy. My grandma grows her own flowers in a place a up in the hills on a large plot of land. Then every week she sends a delivery driver to send them to the shop."

"Wow, so it's like a family business. I didn't even know that there are countrysides of Venice."

"It isn't actually in Venice it is right outside it takes half a hour to drive there. Badoere is the closest town-like area near the farm. I could probably take you there sometime."

"I want to see more of Italy, so that would be nice." I saw with a slight smile on my face. Then the waitress comes over and give us our meals which look delicious. We just sit there fo a while and we eat then get to know each other with some basic first date questions. "What are your hobbies?", "Where do you go to school at?", "what are you planning to major in?".

As we are talking and comfortable with each other and done eating I notice that Lola stands up and then she gives a thumbs up like she approves and then she signals she is leaving probably back to the hotel. I give her a slight nod and then she dead's out the door.

Jack then pays for the food like a gentleman. Then we walk out of the restaurant and we decided what we should do after since we are having fun getting to know each other.

We just start walking down the street and talk as we walk past stores and go into a few to look at things. It about 2:30 now and we see the clouds are getting darker and before we could even check the wether forecast it starts to pour down rain.

I look up and feel the water drops on my face and suddenly Jack grabbed my hand and tells me to run. Jack pulls me to the nearest store. Then we take a moment to breathe and look up at each other and start laughing.

"I'm sorry I just didn't want you to be soaked by the rain." Jack says as he catches his breath.

"It ok, it was fun actually." I say with a smile on my face.

"Wait here a second." I then see Jack walk over to a rack next to t-shirts and there are umbrellas. He pick up a large black umbrella and hands it to the cashier and then pulls out his wallet and pays for it.

"Here I'll walk you back to your hotel." Jack says opening the front door of the store then opening the umbrella. I walk out and he holds the door open for me and we walk down the street under the umbrella.

We take a nice slow stroll over to the hotel which is about 10 blocks away. We are just talking and getting to know each other and laughing having a good time and telling stories. Once we arrived at the hotel told him he can stay in the lobby with me until to rain stops.

"Stay here for a moment I am going to run up to my room and change my shirt and tell Lola I am back but just in the lobby." I say as I go to the elevator.

I get into the room then Lola just goes crazy asking questions
"How was the date? Do you like him? What's his family life like? Do you want to go on a second date?" Lola spits out these rapid fire questions and I am used to this but it is hard to keep track of all the things she asks.

"First off the "date" isn't over it started raining and so I told him he can stay in the lobby and I'll hangout with him after I tell you I am back and change my shirt. As for the next question I just met him I wouldn't know that. He has a grandma she is the lady I met, his mom passed away and he never met his dad so it is just him and his grandma. Also I may go on a second date if the occasion arises." As I answered he questions I dug into my bag for a comfy grey
T-shirt and changed into it.

"He is still here?! Go- go down to the lobby and spend time with him!" She saws pushing me out the door and giving me a wink.

"Don't get excited it is our first date and a blind one at that." I say as she pushed me out the door and shut the door in my face. I then head down to the lobby.