Prologue

Madison Rain Silver was quite the peculiar girl. Strange things happened when Madison was around. Her average appearance made her seem normal, but she was far from it. Her long hair was black like charcoal and her eyes brown like mud. But don't let that fool you, because when the light hit her eyes they turned a shade of warm honey and no matter how weird she was or how many kids thought she was, she never let that get her down.

The 11 year old girl never seemed to care what others thought of her and seemed almost fearless. People would try to make fun of her, pull her hair, steal her things and play tricks on her, but she would never give in. Nothing made her sad, or at least it seemed that way.

Every morning she wakes up in her room drowning in cold sheets and she turns to her bedside table. She stares at the picture of the tall woman with the long black hair and eyes as dark as tar that glisten the same way Madison's do. The woman in the picture is none other than Alice Silver, her late mother. Her father would never speak of her mother, let alone tell the young girl how she passed.

So, Madison was stuck staring at that picture with the beautiful woman captured inside. In her sleep she can't help having dreams (or nightmares) about her mother. For reasons Madison cannot explain, there's always a terrifying green flash before she wakes up.

No matter how unique Madison acted, she was painfully average. Average looks, average height, an average house, average grades, and an average life. She even had the most awfully average name. The only thing she particularly liked about herself was the lightning shaped scar under her eye near her left temple.

Now, once again she's woken up in the white sheets that resemble what it looks like when snow coats the ground, she repeats the same morning routine as she has for all her life. But, for some odd reason, today was different. She couldn't tell if it was the gloomy gray clouds she could spot out her window or the rain tapping softly on top her roof. But, she had a feeling resting in her throat telling her that today was going to be different. That today wasn't going to be so average.

Authors note:
For the next chapter, Imagine her dad looks like Klaus Nicholson from vampire diaries or something, that's the vibe for him. Hope you enjoy loves <3