XI

You slept peacefully that night, excited to see him tomorrow. You had school tomorrow with Viola, and you couldn't wait to tell her about it, you knew she would tell you that he was trying to court you, but you'd come up with the rebuttal that you were just getting acquainted with him and that nothing romantic would come out of it. But a small part of you, the hopeless romantic, the over optimistic side, wanted it to be, just a little bit.

You woke up early. It was now late June and it was still very humid, and you were already excited for the day, and especially at 8pm. You were glad it was happening at 8pm, it would be less humid and it would be dark.

You brushed your hair and teeth, like usual. You choose a little pink dress with all different types of flowers on it. It was cut a little low, which made you blush a bit, you usually wore very plain dresses, but you could make an exception this time, for Mozart. You put on your black slips and sprayed a little perfume on your wrists. You looked in the mirror, you felt beautiful; you were beautiful.

You grabbed your purse, said goodbye to your mother, grabbed a protein bar and headed out. You drove quietly to college, listening to 80's music while you drove around. You parked, got out and made your way to the front door.

Getting in, you closed the door and made your way downstairs to the accounting room. You opened the door and it made a loud creak. No one else, other than yourself was in the room. It was warm, and the sun's rays shone through the cracks in the blinds.

You sat down and waited. You wanted Viola to come so you could talk to her about Mozart. You stayed quiet until Viola, and a couple of other students. You waved her over and she smiled. She came over to you and sat down. She looked over at you.

"So, y/n, what is it? Does it by chance have to deal with Mozart?" She asked, smirking at you, and her lips in a pleased smile.

"Yes, two nights ago I slept in the same bed with him, and I sang him an opera song. He wants me to sing opera this Christmas. He asked me to meet him tonight at 8pm at the museum of classical music, and I said yes." You said, smiling brightly.

Viola smirked even more at you, she looked at you and smiled even more. You tilted your head at her, wondering why she wasn't responding.

"Y/N, he likes you! I've been trying to tell you he's courting you, and it looks as if he's started to succeed. I'm glad you've given in to him, he's a very good man, and I think you two would make a perfect couple!" Viola said, taking your hands in hers. She seemed genuinely happy for you. You didn't understand why Viola would think that someone like Mozart, would like a plain, midwestern, accounting, girl.

"I don't think he likes me Viola, I would like that, but I think he'd like a more beautiful, higher up European lady, It'd make sense." You said, looking at her. Viola was so beautiful with her black hair glimmering in the sun, you thought that Mozart would go after a girl like her; beautiful, well-educated, musical trained, a German father, everything that Mozart, (and probably his family) would like in a woman.

"Oh, yes he does. He's looking for a wife, and for someone like you, y/n. Why would he be talking to you so much if he didn't like you anyway? And, he wants to get married before he's 25, and he's 23 now, giving him 2 years left, and you're young, y/n. Very suitable, in my opinion." Viola said, getting out her textbook and turning to page 175. You pulled out your textbook and turned to page 175 with her.

"Again Viola, I can, to some degree understand where you're coming from. But why would he like me? He's so much more cultured than me." You said as the professor went on talking about nothing in particular.

"Y/N, he likes you because you're not like him. He wants a quiet American girl who keeps a good house and who's kind, you two would make a good couple." She said, smiling at you. You wondered why she would think that way. You bet her father, Alfred may have some connection with the Mozart family, being German and all.