Truth or Dare

Lin's POV

I hate to lie...

Just the fact not to tell the truth to Renee makes me want to cry. I can't tell her about my leg or the fact that its getting worse by every step I take. I am scared she'll take the blame of it.

I started having flashbacks of it while Jonathan started talking to me:

I walked down the stairs with my one hand in my pajama pocket and the other holding the flashlight.

My leg started hurting.

"Ugh why is it still hurting?" I crouched down.

I stood up again and walked the stairs up and got to the bathroom.

I just hope Renee hasn't noticed it. It would be terrible if she found out. She would blame herself and it would make me sad.

I got another sharp pain but this time it was in my thigh.

"Ouch..." I limped and got my way to the bathroom.

....

I walked out the bathroom and walked down the steps. "Why would Oak go out his way to make my life embarrassed." I laughed. I know he's just playing around but I'm scared Renee's gonna get suspicious. I just get so embarrassed every time I'm around her and I can't control myself...or my cheeks.

I got to the dressing room hall and went up the stairs to the fake stage.

I got to the last step.

"See, I told you guys I would be-

But a huge sharp pain spread across my whole leg. I crouched down hoping Renee won't see but it was too late I went to far back and slipped. My flashlight fell and went off. I fell down the stairs. I tried to grab the railing but failed and hurt my arm also. I'm crouched down in pain holding my leg and crying out in pain.

"Ow!" I yelped.

The pained started to burn.

"Aaaghh!" I groaned.

"Lin?!" I heard Renee and footsteps followed.

One tear left my eye and I looked up into the darkness squinting and trying to make out the figures.

I found Oak, Daveed and Renee at the top of stairs coming down.

"Lin what happend?" Oak shone the light on me.

I quickly let go of my leg and took hold of my arm

Daveed and Oak took my arms and helped me up.

When we got up the stairs, everyone came up to see what happened.

"I missed the last step." I told them.

"Did you get hurt when you "missed the step" because you look hurt?" Oak asked walking me to the circle and helping me sit down.

I looked at Renee and back at Oak.

I- I can't tell the truth....

"...No, I just hurt my arm a bit when I wanted to grab on to something but not that much, it will be gone tomorrow." I told them.

At least I gave some of the truth...

Renee smiled
I wanted to cry...

*End of Flashback*

We sat in our circle still talking to eachother. The weather in the back, crying and banging on the windows and doors.

"Hey, you guys want to play truth or dare?" Anthony suggested.