Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Today, Amary will be officially registered as a vampire.

Kung siguro sinabi ito sa kanya two years ago hindi siya maniniwala at may comment pa na "Weh? Vampires? Di naman totoo 'yun."

Now? She's got a list to debunk myths and the truth about vampires.

Being a vampire in modern times is cool as fuck. Or that's what Amary is thinking, ganito lang talaga siguro ang newborns? Wait. She's called a Youngblood now. Sabi sa libro na nabasa niya 'yun na daw ang tawag once a human finished the transition.

"Excited, youngblood?" Nox teased when Amary couldn't stop grinning. Just one heavy inhale of the cold night air was enough to get her spirits up.

Nox parked the car out in front and he was the first one to get in because Amary was busy looking around. When she finally got inside, inilingan lang siya nito sabay tawa. Hinahanap niya kasi kung may kapitbahay ba sila but the wide land was covered in trees and bushes with no other houses in sight.

"The next house is probably a ten minute walk from here," Nox informed her. "And the owner is living overseas so you won't see other vampires in this area unless you go out of the neighborhood."

Nox waited for Amary to fasten her seatbelt bago tuluyang mag drive sa private road ng bahay palabas ng street.
As they drive by, tinuturo rin naman ni Nox kung nasaan ang mga bahay kaya parang batang nakasilip sa bintana si Amary. She asked questions of couse. Gaano na sila katagal nakatira doon? Do they only come out at night like us or do they have sun rings too? Tanggapin kaya nila kung bigyan ko sila ng cupcakes?

"I'm sure the Highmores will love your cupcakes," Nox assured. "Bisitahin natin sila minsan."

The Highmore's lived three houses down, pero noong dumaan sila mukhang tahimik ang bahay kasi walang naka bukas na ilaw. Amary hummed. She'll bake cupcakes for them when they get back.

They finally entered Archeron. Nawala na ng konti ang excitement ni Amary dahil familiar na ang lugar. She wasn't attached to this city even when she lived here all her life. Siguro dahil palagi siyang may ginagawa noon, palagi siyang may inaasikaso kaya she did not have time to stop and admire everything.

Maybe now she can view the world with a newfound perspective. After all, Amaryllis Aberra is dead and gone.

Binuksan ni Amary ang bintana habang binabagtas nila ang daan papuntang Council. She felt the soft wind kiss her skin. As a human she never had second thoughts about what the wind brought with it, but now it came with something she can only pinpoint with her heightened senses. Iba't ibang amoy ang pumasok sa sistema niya. There were humans, but the surprising part is mas angat ang amoy ng vampires. Hindi lang 'yon, every night creature she saw had a color surrounding them – like a halo hugging their whole body. Does this come from being a vampire? Para siyang may panibagong sight.

Amary's eyes twinkled with excitement. Her gaze shifted from one to the other. There's one crossing the street, mayroon din namang kumakain sa loob ng restaurant, there's even one selling street food.

Vampires were everywhere.

Amary tilted her head in wonder when she saw a group of vampires entering an establishment that looks like a club. The name Moon Haven was a dead giveaway. Pero ang nakakapagtaka ay may kakaibang amoy na galing dito, galing sa mga tao na papasok rin sa loob. Her brows furrowed at the new smell. It was musky but there was another smell mixing with it. Sandalwood maybe? It wasn't hard to decipher when every creature has a unique scent. Kaya alam niya agad na hindi sila vampires.