Chapter 6

Michaels pov

"A KID?!?! WHAT DID YOU DO JEFF?!?!"
"I didn't do shit EJ! I just found him there!"
EJ had taken the child up to his room to fix him up leaving the rest of us sitting in an awkward silence.
A kid... he's a kid, just like... him... when I...
I started to tear up and Dad, noticing this, pulled me close to his chest.
"It wasn't your fault Mike, please don't blame yourself". He rubbed my back gently, calming me as I cried silently.
"Mike-"
"I'm fine, Sally and Lazari please don't worry about me!"
I forced myself to smile, trying to convince the girls that I was alright.
A moment later EJ limped into the room.
"Guys... there's something weird about the kid..."
"What do you mean?" LJ asked, EJ then told the kid he could come in.

"C-Chris?" Dad stuttered, standing up and rushing forwards to hold his youngest son.
He's here? What if he doesn't forgive me? What if-
"Mikey, are you okay?" The voice sounded disorientated and all I could see was a blur. I heard yelling and worried voices all around me but none penetrated the thick fog. I felt myself giving into the darkness and then I passed out.

Later~

I shot up in bed, looking around the room I saw Dad and Papa both cuddled up together on a chair in the corner of the room, Toby was next to me on the bed, his arms wrapped around me and... Chris was sitting on the chair next to my bed... wide awake.
"Mike, we need to talk."