Getting Ready

"Where's my hairdryer?"

         "Who stole my hairbrush?" 

       "My shoes don't match!"

  "Where's my headband ? I left it right here!"

      Back in Fairy Hills, the whole house was in chaos, clothing articles were strewn everywhere and girls were stressing about the big night from every corner of the house.

Levy just sighed as she stepped over the bits of clothing and shoes and armor that laid all over the house.

She was heading back to her room after helping Erza find a bracelet that really was meaningless, but Erza insisted it would make her outfit better and that she couldn't go without it.

       But as she stepped through the halls she heard a younger voice call out her name "Levy!!!"

She ran toward the voice to find Wendy, sitting in front of a mirror with a tangled blue disaster on her head with one side gathered in a crude ponytail.

    "I got it," Levy laughed, running over to the small dragon slayer.

She grabbed a brush from the vanity and began to run it through her long blue hair.

      "So," she said as she worked the brush through Wendy's hair, gently soothing it back into two neat ponytails "are you excited to go with Romeo?"

The younger girl blushed "Yeah, it should be fun." Levy laughed, she thought their young love was very cute.

   "What about you?" Wendy asked, "are you going with anyone?"

    Levy's face reddened a little. "Yeah, I'm going with Gajeel."

        The younger girl's eyes brightened "I knew it!" Levy laughed a again and finished up tying the white ribbons into Wendy's ponytails.

She met Wendy's eyes in the mirror. "You look beautiful."

Wendy smiled and gave Levy a hug "Thanks."

     "Anytime, now I have to go get ready." with that she left back to her room, pleased with her good work.

     When she got in her room she unsheathed her dress from its plastic cover. It was beautiful, soft yellow and short compared to the others, because it only went down to her knees, puffing out at the hips before it ended.

It was strapless, but she bought sleeves to wear with it like she wore with her other dresses, and it had a white flowery pattern on the shirt part.

       She put it on, looking at herself in the mirror. It didn't say much for her figure, which she didn't have, but it looked good with her blue hair and brown eyes.

She didn't do much to her hair but scraped it back into a ponytail with with wavy strands hanging on the sides of her face.

She put in a yellow headband that she already happened to have.

       She found all the girls ready and waiting near the door, all except Evergreen, who was nowhere to be found. "Where's Ever?" Levy asked the anxious looking girls.

      "Elfman came and got her." Mirajane ( who claimed was at the house to help the girls get ready, but was really hoping to see all the girls get picked up by their dates ) said, smiling.

"I didn't know Elfman was taking her."

       "Cute couple, aren't they?"

"Yeah," she said "I guess we all saw it coming." the girls all nodded in agreement.

     "So," Erza said "I guess we shall all wait for our respective partner to arrive."

     "I hope they bring flowers." Mira said.

Surprisingly, the first man to show up was Gajeel, who stood outside the door with a bouquet of blue flowers.

Luckily it was Levy who had answered the door. "Hi Gajeel."

     "Hi shrimp," he said, handing her the flowers, "I figured blue was best, considering your hair, and all the other guys were getting red, so I thought you'd like something a little different."

    She took the flowers. "Thanks Gajeel! Just wait here for one second and I'll go put these in a vase."

      Gajeel was left to stand in the open doorway, with all of the girls staring at him.

After a moment they all said in unison, "awww!!" 

He just stood there and luckily Levy came back quickly, the other girls murmuring to each other with stars in their eyes.

"Ready to go?" she asked.

     "Ready when you are." the two headed off, leaving the crowd of fantasizing girls. 

"I always hoped those two would get together."

     "Indeed," Erza said, "those two will make a beautiful couple."

      Not too long after the doorbell rang again, announcing the arrival of a blue haired man with a black tattoo on his face. Erza opened the door. "Jellal."

     "Nice to see you Erza." he smiled.

All the girls giggled "I didn't know you were going with Jellal."

    "Yes," Jellal said, "and we should be going," he offered Erza his hand, "would you?"

She took his hand "Of course."

Those two were the next to leave. Again the doorbell rang not long after they had left, revealing Gray, who surprisingly, was actually wearing clothes and was carrying roses, which he handed to Juvia when she opened the door.

"Hi Juvia."

    Juvia smiled and embraced Gray so tightly he was gasping for air, "Gray-sama," she let him go "Juvia is very excited to go with you."

Gray smiled "Me too Juvia."

The remaining girls squealed.

        "Ready to go, Juvia?"

   " Juvia is always ready my beloved."

   They left as soon as Juvia placed her roses in a vase. Leaving Laki, who wasn't going with anyone, Mirajane and Wendy who were meeting Romeo and Laxus there.

        "Should be get going?" Wendy asked.

"Just let me get my camera." Mira said.

    "Why do you need a camera?"

"To take pictures of all the cute couples." she said as if it made sense.