Chapter 3

Courtney's P.o.v -

- a couple weeks later -

"Come here" Jimmy insisted pulling me toward him.

He had always managed to somehow see me before his games had started.

I laughed softly as he dug his head in the crook of my neck tickling me with his beard hair.

"How are feeling??" I asked running my fingers through his hair and fixing it.

"I'm feeling okay, I mean I'm still pretty tired I don't know" he mumbled looking down at his feet.

"Did you eat? or your has your appetite been weird too?" I questioned causing him to shrug his shoulders.

"I mean yea I ate, I had to you know that" he answered playing with my hands.

He always been so closed off with me when it came to his health. After tearing his ACL he had never been the same.

I took care of him and watched him fight through that recovery and I know how hard it was for him to depend on me.

Even since then he refused to let me see him in pain or even worry about his health.

"You know all I care about is your well being Jimmy-" I managed to get out before he cut me off.

"I got to go" he sighed putting his helmet on and walking away from where we stood.

"No kiss for good luck?" I questioned continuing to watch him walk away from me.

"I got to go Court" he hissed clearly upset about our previous conversation.

"You never go on that field without giving me a kiss" I protested now just looking directly at his back.

I hated starting arguments before games, I avoided it at all cost. It usually threw off his whole mentality for the rest of the game and day.

But here we were.

"Why are you so stubborn" I complained turning around and running into Nick.

"You okay Court?" he asked as I nodded trying my best to hold back my tears.

I already knew what the outcome would be for tonight when we got back to that hotel, and I think that's what bothered me the most.

I always knew, that he'd make sure he made me feel bad for tonight.

"Yes I'm fine Nick, now get at out there and play huh" I fake smiled making my way toward the field.

"Are you lying to me?" he questioned raising his eyebrows at me as the rest of the boys followed behind him.

"Nope" I responded giving him a big toothy grin.

I was always good at convincing Nick I was fine.

He was like my little brother, and he'd do anything to protect me.

He was one of the very few people that had seen how rough mine and Jimmy's relationship really was.

"Okay liar" he hissed finally putting his helmet on and began to follow the rest of the boys.

"Hi Court!" Fred called patting the top of my head.

"Fred!" I screeched smacking him as he strolled by.

"Courtney!" Solly smiled giving me a big bear hug.