Rocketman

I just watched Rocketman and it was an amazing movie

If you're not familiar with the film, here's the plot:

Reginald Dwight changes his name to Elton John and collaborates with singer-songwriter Bernie Taupin to become one of the most iconic figures in pop history. Set to his most beloved songs, it's the epic musical story of Elton John, his breakthrough years in the 1970s and his fantastical transformation from shy piano prodigy to international superstar.

My Review:

What I liked about the movie is how Elton's songs were connected to events from his life. For example, the song I Want Love was connected to how his parents didn't love him. It was interesting to see Elton's childhood. His biological father was a very cold person. His grandmother was the one who supported his musical career. She encouraged Elton to take piano lessons. Even Elton's stepfather was much nicer than his own father. The partnership between Elton and Bernie is very interesting. They do get along very well and it's not a surprise that their collaboration has lasted more than 50 years. I thought it was very sad how his parents didn't understand the passion he has for music. It was also sad how his manager betrayed him and also became greedy. It was also interesting to see how Elton married Renata Blauel who was a sound engineer. Overall, I would recommend this movie. If you're a fan of Elton John, I think you would enjoy this movie.

Here are some scenes from the movie that I liked a lot:

Have you watched Rocketman?

What is your opinion of the movie?