Chapter 4

It is now the day of the Teen Roadkill Championship. Everyone is getting their carts ready for the race. Even the audience are excited to see what happens.

"Alright guys, remember the plan," April tells the gang, the turtles are once again in their human disguises. "We have to drive through different routes in the city and conquer each obstacle so we keep racing..."

"And win those prizes and that kiss," Mikey finishes for her.

"Hey, where's Mellie?" Raph asked, looking around for their friend.

"Since she's giving away a certain prize, she has to stand on the platform near the finish line," Donnie states, pointing at where Amy currently is.

The brown-haired girl is sitting on a chair, while wearing a sash titled, "Miss Roadkill", over her clothes. She also has a plastic tiara on her head, along with a sour expression on her face.

"Hey Amester, you okay?" Casey asked, the others looking concerned.

"I will be if I didn't have to do this crud," Amy grumbles.

"Stop worrying about it. We're gonna win this thing," Leo says, confidently. "Trust us."

"Okay."

They went back to their cart, which is a six-seated green and black automobile with the words, "Mad Dogs", printed on the sides.

"Remind me again: how did we managed to get all six seats for this cart?" April asks, a bit baffled and impressed at the same time.

"We may or may not have taken some stuff from Repo Mantis's junkyard," Mikey says, high-fiving Donnie.

"Attention everyone," a voice calls out from a speaker. Everyone turns to see Dale Roberts and Taylor Martin up at the stadium. The both of them are wearing suits and headphones on their heads.

"Welcome to the 35th annual Big Apple Teen Roadkill Go-Cart Championship. We're your broadcasting team, Dale Roberts and Taylor Martin," Dale introduced. "Hey Taylor, tell everyone what the competition is about."

"Each race team must dodge a obstacle at every section they stop at," Taylor explains. "If they get the answer right, they will be able to continue. However, if wrong, they will be eliminated."

"Remember, the winning team will receive a year-long supply of free pizza from Romano's Italian Cuisine, who is also sponsoring this event," Dale added. "And a kiss from Amelia Smith!"

All the racers cheered loudly, most of them only wanting to get that kiss! Amy looked horrified.

"These people are way too excited," She thought, slightly backing away.

"C'mon guys, let's get ready," Raph says. "Leo, let's fire up the engines!"

"On it!"

"Racers, start your engines!" Taylor calls out. Everyone turned on their carts, with determined and excited looks on their faces.

"On your marks, get set: GO!"

And they were off!

*I decided to use "Roberts" as Dale's last name.*