[3]

A/N: Since I'm in the writing mood, here you go. And unliked Hunted, this is not a quick romance. So you probably won't see anything until maybe the 10th chapter? It depends how I feel. Please enjoy chapter three and show your love with votes and comments :) -F

Sphynx on the side ----->

Pierce just finished his match with Violet and he couldn’t help but complain internally about his shoulder. Yes, he did come out of the battle in triumph, however his body wasn’t feeling like a winner. The downside of fighting someone who can fly is that they can literally pick you up and drop you on the ground. This is why Pierce is so confused on why he actually won.

Violet could’ve taken his body and flown over the edge and let go. It’s that easy. But, she miscalculated. After the two threw some punches and worked on their physical training, the match shifted to the powers. Pierce, being new and having no idea how to control or even use his, refused to even try. Which brought the thought to his mind- why are we doing this if I didn’t even work on my powers?!

The flying woman apparently some strategies and Pierce didn’t even have a plan. He literally just walked to the ring and defended himself. When he would throw a punch or a kick, she would jump into the air, dodging the attack, and then would fly behind him and take him out. This was completely unfair and Pierce was completely out of shape. He’s been living on cappuccinos and flatbreads from the Frap House for the last year.

So, this is why Pierce is utterly confused. He should have lost and that was expected anyway because he is the newbie. However, this win fueled his possible power and outlook in the other members. Though he should have lost, Pierce needed to succeed to show the others his menace and the ability to defend Arthur.

Pierce won by using his brain. He didn’t use it for the first half of the fight, oh no, because why would he do that? Pierce decided to think after he realized he didn’t want to lose horribly. Aero finally stopped toying with him and desired to win the match at around eight minutes after the match begun. She grabbed him from the ankle when he was pinned and skyrocketed up ten feet. Slowly moving away from the edge, Violet was prepared to drop him for the victory.

“Sorry dude, but you’re not going to be winning this round,” she had said with a smirk. Pierce groaned at the sound of arrogance because he’s new! Be a little bit nicer. This caused a pinch of self assurance to flow in Pierce’s body. The earth elemental began to slightly swing back and forth, using the momentum of his body in the air. He gained a bit of speed and when Aero unhooked her hands from his ankles, Pierce did not fall straight down. He was angled towards the elevated ring, but there was still a risk. What if Pierce didn’t grab onto the mat strong enough and just hit its side and the plunged to humiliation?

Luckily, this didn’t happen. The smidge of upper body strength he did have allowed him to hold on to the edge. Pierce could hear the astonished gasp from Violet’s mouth and the chuckles that he assumed was from Arthur. The new hero smirked and the aplomb gained from Arthur’s support pushed his strength. Hands on the mat turned to arms, and slowly Pierce climbed his way back to the ring. Chest heaving from the exhilaration, exhaustion, or disbelief; Pierce was ready to end this Goddamn match. He needed a bottle of water. And an advil.

His opponent huffed and appeared quite angry. Pierce would be too if a newbie outsmarted him… but he’s not in that position, so it’s fine. Smirking, Pierce egged the flying woman on, “I think your aim is a little off!”

Pierce could see the fire ablaze her eyes and took a step back. This was it. Either he’s going to lose anyway or something will turn in his favor. Violet screamed, “You’re done!” and launched her body at Pierce. Quickly, he prepared himself for the clash and when the two were about a feet away, his arm rocketed out, making contact. His fist connected with her cheekbone and ended her consciousness midair. The woman fell back and soared to the ground, hitting the plushed mat at the bottom with a thud. Pierce slightly felt bad for the punch, but not for the fall.