Prologue

A/N: Hi guys! I put the poll up about what should be my next story topic and the winner is a superhero story! It will be a romance between a known superhero and a newly created one. This will be my second story on Wattpad and my first story in 3rd person :) I will probably write more for this one because it seems like a better idea. So, until I finish The Winged Rogue, my other story will be on hold. Okay, here's the prologue. Enjoy.

Pierce Everstreet was always the troublemaker, the outcast, the nobody. Though all his classmates were gossiping about him, Pierce never seemed to care. That's what it seemed like to others around him, however they didn't know that he wasn't blocking them out, infact he was daydreaming. In this state of mind, Pierce could do anything he wanted without rules or limitations. If he wanted to be the savior of the peoplehe could be. There were no heroes in his fantasty that would be more popular than him. He was the ultimate idol. Sadly, in the real world, they're heroes. So much that they have clans for each city, state, and even country! Some claim that the heroes are the best things to happen to their communities. They can prevent robberies, or murders, or even the daily clutzes who put themselves into harm's way. What the public didn't know is that with superheroes, come supervillains. 

No one understands the villains. They have special abilities, so why don't they use them for good? Most villains were brought up in abusive homes, or never had a family, or just liked to see the look of fear and pain on people's faces. Though most that are brought up in bad childhoods decide to enter the 'dark side', some stay low or aid the heroes. And this is exactly what Pierce wanted in life. He wanted to magically attain abilities and help the heroes in combat against the ones who bring misery into every day life. 

Pierce has a very unstable household. His mother was a drug addict, who loved the feeling of a new man every single night to replace her deceased husband. Ever since Kalvin Everstreet was murdered in a villain-hostage situation at the local bank, Bethany had changed into a new person that Pierce did not like.Before his father died, his childhood was perfect. Pierce's parents were both in the law industry and packed in a lot of money because of their careers. While Kalvin was the city judge who aided those in jeopardy, Bethany took cases for the people effected by villains that were taken in after the heroes put them in prison. Pierce believes that even though his parents didn't have special powers, they were still heroes that helped citizens achieve what was theirs. And now because his father had died in a murder involving a villain, he had more the reason to want to become a superhero. 

And because of one night, he might have achieved his daydreaming fantasy. 

October 28th, 2013

The final bell finally rang as Pierce packed his things into his bag for school. Since it was a Monday, Pierce was especially joyous, though the classmates around him didn't feel the same. Today was the day that Pierce would finally meet his idol! 

The superhero, Rapid Fire, was always his favorite. RF, as Pierce called him, was misjudged. He didn't have a special ability, like super speed or strength, or the power of flight. That's why Rapid Fire wasn't seen as much as the other heroes. They didn't need him or want him to come along. The only times this misunderstood man was brought along is when they're more villains than the others intended. Basically he as back up. Pierce hated that, because RF could bring down a whole squad of bad guys without a single sweat! But Pierce didn't know that people didn't think the way he did. The citizens loved to see those with abilities that are never before seen. And Rapid Fire's skill? It was for the military, anyone could do it if they tried.

He had a magnificent skill. Rapid Fire was amazing with handling any type of weapon. Whether it was guns, bow and arrows, or swords- RF could use it. And he could use it well. Pierce's favorite weapon that the superhero would use was the duel pistols. He could take down two villains with one shot due to his enhanced bullets that can go cleanly through a body. His arrows have a type of GPS tracking system that allows him to pick a target and shoot into the air, then the arrow finds the target and penetrates them in the easiest fatal shot.