Clear Sky - Part 1

before you start your reading just want to warn that I'll be using they/them pronouns for Eret trought the whole story and the cover will be changing with every new upload(every Sunday)! With that ou of the way, you may proceed, enjoy!

 They did not even start counting and he was running.

 He called his stand, a small white blob appeared floating in front of him, the ever present smile looked back at Dream before quickly turning into a disc and soon fully a mask, Dream put it on as fast as he could, the colors turning into diluted shades of purple through it and a green trail forming, showing that right path to follow: going straight through the woods. He did not hesitate one second before bolting in the direction, his Stand ability already making him faster, he was gaining distance, only trees worried him. He hoped they would not cause a fire to get him.

 As he runned in the trail he got increasingly quicker and quicker, but he needed to lose them, and with that information his Stand updated the trail. Now it did a sharp turn left and soon into the trees.

 He followed the new path, the growing speed made the jump easier, hiding behind branches as fast and quiet as he could, to get a better look Dream raised his mask to observe the ground. He saw three people run by, assuming the one he did not see was using their Stand ability, but none seemed to notice him. He did it? He lost them?

 That was when hands started to form on the leaves, his clothes and he could see them going through his eyes. Grabbing, clawing through his skin, making deep bleeding wounds and from the red of his blood increasingly more hands appeared. Dream panicked immediately, falling from his hiding spot. The one person he did not see was, in fact, using his stand, but he did not think it was George.

 " Got you, Dream! "

 He said with a large smile, the awfully scary Stand looming over him, dripping like freshly dropped paint from the colors of the trees above, it felt like seeing a living abstract painting. The contrast between that abomination of a Stand and the sweetness of its user, as always, confused Dream.

" George! we talked about you using green! It's cheating! I'm literally all green! "

  Dream said frustrated with how easily he had lost, sitting up to look at his friend, who was quick to defend himself.

" What?! Your Stand makes you impossible to catch! "

 As they discussed Sapnap, Bad and Antfrost came back from the direction they runned to, probably hearing the characteristic "old married couple nagging". Sapnap being the first one to break the back and forth of complaints.

" c'moooon, you lost Dream! Get over it! "

 And soon they were all discussing. Dream wanted a rematch, Sapnap and George saying it actually was completely fair, while Bad and Antfrost was just trying to get them to an agreement, although Ant was laughing more than actually trying to help. This was just their routine now, despite everything they had a simple life, a great friendship. If they had each other nothing could bring them down, right?

-     -     -      -      -      -      -      -     -       -      -      -      -      -

 Eret was sat at their throne, restless and anxious as the dark clouds inched closer outside, heavy, full with rain. The ruler was scared of what else the clouds were bringing, such fear seeped through their sleep and into their nightmares where it would rain red and chaos would be set. They knew it would come, they did not know how, but they knew. And it made them sick.

 Suddenly, someone entered the lonely throne room and Eret tensed, most people that went through that door wanted their death and they were tired of taking them out everytime, of calling their stand and seeing the gore and pain that it would cause to anyone foolish enough to try and touch the king. But it wasn't someone wanting their blood, it was Niki. Eret let out a breath they didn't know they were holding.

" I can see you are thinking about clouds again. . ."

 She said, walking to their side, looking at the dark, menacing storm coming their way. She did not fear the rain, but she did fear her ruler's state of mind. They were so upbeat and such a refreshing person to be around, and to see Eret drained and frightened, it left her frightened too.

" They aren't just 'clouds', Niki, I've told you. "

 The tired bright blue eyes, sometimes almost unnaturally bright, stared back at the counselor by their side and Niki could not help the worried smile on her face, Eret was losing sleep, rarely had appetite and was not paying attention to their kingdom. If she did not put them in their tracks again, everything just might go to shambles.

" Don't you need sleep, Eret? I can take care of things while you rest. Maybe we should visit the market by tomorrow, it's the selection day for the tournament! "

 Eret sighed, they did need sleep, but could they? With all the things eating them away they knew he would have nightmares. Those nightmares. . . With a sigh, they looked up at Niki questioning and tired.

" Can you stay with me? In case I have. . . "

" Of course I can, Eret. "

 Niki held her hand out for Eret who rapidly took it, getting up and following her as she led the way. They would normally joke that they did not need to be led into their own room, that despite how large the castle was they could find their way, but right now Eret was so utterly fatigued that remembering their way around the large structure to his chambers felt impossibly hard.

 As both walked, Eret reflected, maybe Niki was right, maybe they were paranoid, maybe it was just a typical storm. No eminent catastrophe, just a storm. Maybe they should just sleep and they would wake up better. Yeah, tomorrow would be a better day.

 Eret sleep deprived and restless mind relaxed for the first time in days, they breathed in as they laid down, finally calm, finally with some hope. Eret breathed out as they fell asleep.

 And in his dreams, Eret screamed.