Mr. Perfect and Ms. Klutz (part 1)

Ariel walked into English her nose stuck in a book walking to the farthest corner of the class and taking a seat next to the window. She had arrived much earlier than everyone else so there were only two or three students in the classroom and the teacher was going over his previous period work before this one started, so she decided to pull out her diary to write in while she waited for class to begin. Ariel heard shuffling next to her and she peaked out of the corner of her thick black rimmed glasses to see a pair of jade eyes looking at her, the perfect smirk that had seemed a permanent on his face was there as his head rested on the palm of his right hand while his elbow rested on the desk and his left arm laid next to it.

For goodness sake why does "Mr. Perfect" have to sit next to me? Hasn't he realized I don't like him by now? I mean as much as I dislike him I can deny that I find him attractive, but that just adds on to my hatred for him more, how can the most insufferable guy still be so cute? He has such a perfect smile with a singular dimple on his left cheek that was pretty much always seem because he can never wipe the smirk off his face, or his perfectly messy light caramel brown hair that you just want to play with till your heart's content, and the way his jade eyes always sparkle with amusement at pretty much every, or at least from what I've seen. He stands at 6'4, with his slightly broad shoulder and muscular figure causing him to tower over me even though I stand at 5' 6.

"Whatcha writing over there clumsy?" Evan says while leaning over slightly to see what's Ariel's writing.

"It's none of your business, why are you even sitting there? There's about 21 different seats you could've sat in and yet you choose the one right next to me." Ariel says in an annoyed tone while glaring at Evan and trying to cover up her diary. She would rather die than have Evan find out she thinks of him as attractive, though I'm pretty sure he already knew it, as much of a dunce that he is every girl can see that he's got a pretty face. Much to Ariels dislike.

"Why are you being so mean to me today?" Evan says with a playful pout. Ariel rolls her eyes and goes back to writing, she makes sure to hold the right side of her diary put slightly so Evan couldn't read it over her shoulder.

Why is it that Evan can't leave me alone for once? All he ever does is get on my nerves, doesn't he have anything better to do with his life? I wish I could just smack that perfect smirk off his face sometimes, no one else can see how blatantly obnoxious he is, it's like he has this mask around him that no one can see through but me.

"Hey Bookworm, why are you ignoring me?" Evan says, calling Ariel yet another irritating nickname.

"Because I hate you." Ariel says blatantly, with a bored expression on her face not bothering to look away from her diary.

"You hate me?" Evan gives her a questioning look, "why do you hate me?" Ariel looks over at a very confused looking Evan.

"Was he really that much of a dunce?" Ariel thought you herself.

"Yes, I hate you. You've done nothing but annoy me since the first day we met."

Evan lets out a hmph and turns to look down at his desk with an intense thinking expression on his face, his chin now resting on his fist in a cute manner.

I swear any expression on this boy's face is cute and/or attractive. Why did God have to bless him with such looks? I swear it should be illegal. But i mean I guess he has to make up what he lacks in personality some-

Before Ariel could finish her sentence her diary was snatched. She angrily looked up to see whom this snatcher was, and Ariel should have guessed it. It was none other than Evan Prefect who was now reading her diary.

Ariel had a mini heart attack.

"Give me back my book Evan!!!" Ariel softly yelled, so that no one would notice the events taking place in the back of the classroom as more students started coming in from lunch.

Evan ignored her and started moving in his seat away from her as she was stretching to get her diary back.

"Evan give it-"

"You think I'm attractive?"

————————
Dun dun dun!!!!!! Cliff hanger ♥️

Thanks so much for reading! Hope y'all have an awesome rest of your day as well and enjoyed this chapter (I know it's short, I'm sorry 😔)

Published Date: 11/21/2020
Word count: 832 words