C9

16 weeks pregnant Lexi

Lexi's P.O.V

The next two weeks, I spent at the Cullen Household. Most nights, I spent the night. To afraid to go home because of mom...Emily. She made it very clear that I was no longer apart of her family. Even told me that even after all these years that she only tolerated me for Sam's sake but she wasn't going to do so anymore, since she is having a baby now.
I never felt so hated before. No one except Renee had ever looked at me with with contempt and disgust. It felt like I was losing a huge piece of myself. I never thought Emily would hate me....
"Stop." Jasper's voice sounds as he walks in with a plate of food for me.
"You didn't have to do that." I smiled.
"Nice try on changing the subject." He smirked. "I'm a empath remember?"
"Sorry." I smiled sheepishly.
"Stop thinking about her." He sighed. "I know it hurts, she was a mom to you but people change. Like you."
"What do you mean?"
"Well darlin' I mean, you're not the same timid girl I met nearly four years ago. You're stronger now, passionate, outspoken, kind, open, smart and incredibly hilarious. You'll get passed this. Besides, soon enough, you'll have a full house to fill that emptiness."
I smiled as I rubbed my hand over my ever growing baby bump. Twins. The thought alone overwhelmed me but also brought me peace. I was starting a family with the men I loved.
"Oh my God!" I sat up.
"What?" Jasper panicked. "Are you okay?"
"A full house! I forgot to start looking for a house!" I gaped. "How could I forget to looking for a house!?"
"Don't worry," Jasper smirked. "Lover Boys are already on it." I signed sitting back and continued to eat my pasta.
"God I love those two."
"I know." Jasper smiled softly before walking back out.
A house. A home. For our family. I wonder what they'll pick. It just better have enough rooms for me to have a few more kids...

Edward's P.O.V

"Dude!" Jake snapped as Paul nearly broke the dry wall. "Watch it!"
"Sorry, I didn't mean to trip!" Paul glared picking himself up.
"Jake..." I warned. "Breathe."
Doing as I asked he closed his eyes and breathed in before releasing it.
"Sorry, I just want everything to stay on schedule." He mumbled as he continued to insulate his part of the room.
"I know. So do I but you can't snap over everything man." I smirked as he glared over at Seth who nearly broke the stained glass that we just ordered.
"I'm trying not too."
"Anyway, we're actually ahead of schedule thanks to all of the Packs help." I smiled as I quickly fixed up my dry wall. "But you guys can go take a lunch break, my family will be here soon to take over."
"I'll finish that last wall before I leave but go ahead and send everyone home for today." Jake spoke wiping sweat from his forehead. "I honestly can't believe that I'm just a few weeks we'll be done."
I chuckled under breath at his astonishment.
"Why?" I smirked. "Vampires don't sleep so we can work around the clock, so building a house is no big deal."
"Well yeah but like this place is going to be huge! I mean even the garden takes up half the property! And you wanted to build a house fit to have ten or more people living here!" He stared at me wide-eyed.
"Well of course! Lexi is going to want more kids, and so we'll need the room to accommodate her wishes." I laughed at his God-smacked face.
"How many kids do you think she'll be willing to push out?" Jake wondered as images of a huge family running around flitted through his mind.
"Probably as many as you can give her."
"Hey." He spoke softly looking at me. "I know that a part is hurting because you can't give her kids but I need you to know that I want you to also be our children's father. We're family, and I want you to know that I will never, EVER, try to push you out."
Smiling at him I can't help but marvel at how far we've come since meeting our mate.
"Thank you."