Darkness to light

As the sun was starting to rise, the world had already begun their usual busy routine. Bustling cars and buses on the street, people with suits hustling for work and buzzing sounds can be heard from the city.

At the centre of the city, a girl had just awakened and was preparing for the new day.

   Beep beep : A new message from Lillian

   "Have you finished your assignment? I finished it just now *cries* By the way, my brother is        begging me to see the partial solar eclipse with him"

The girl sent a reply message to her best friend.

   "I finished it last night. Want to exchange and proof check? Heh, I got no time for that. Heard that our finals going to be harder than the previous years'"

The black-haired girl tied up her hair into a ponytail and shove the thick books into her bag. Hmmm should I revise PHR2142 or PHR2042 unit first? Alright, PHR2142 first since there's a lot to memorise with a deep sigh. She had been cutting her sleep to finish up assignments and preparing for finals next week. Her plan was to spend the whole day in the library and used the most out of the remaining time.

She then carefully placed her laptop into her bag with her notebooks and grabbed 2 pieces of bread for her breakfast. Looks like my eyebags got darker. Ugh whatever, ill just put on facial masks after hell is over. With her bag slung over her shoulder, she quickly grabbed her phone, wallet and keys and put on her black converse shoes. Final glance on the mirror and started to make her way to the door.

However, the world outside was starting to get darker every second as the eclipse took place. The brilliant sun was slowly turning into a crescent moon.

As she turned the knob of the door, the floor suddenly opens, and she fell right through into the darkness

As she opened her eyes, she found herself falling from the sky. "Is this a dream? Why am I falling? SOMEONE HELP ME!," she screamed at the top of her lungs.

Somewhere at the ground, a lean build man with a mysterious mask was walking and discussing with a blue, bowl hair cut man. He heard someone screaming for help. As he looked up, his eyes widened with shock. Before he could react, the girl fell on top of him.

"Ahhhhh it hurts," she rubbed her head. "Can you please get up, miss?" a raspy voice came underneath her. She then realised that she fell on top of someone and quickly stood up.

"I'm so sorry. Are you hurt?" she asked worriedly. She scanned around her surroundings and wondered how did she end up there.

The masked man eventually got up.
"I'm alright. What about you? Why were you falling from the sky?"
"I'm fine too, just a little bit of bruises. I'm Vanessa and I'm not sure how I ended up falling here. Your turn, who are you and where is this place? Why am I here?"

The man exchanged glances with the blue-haired man. "I am William Vangeance. This is Marx," he pointed to the man beside him. "You are in Clover Kingdom's wizard king's headquarters."