A trap

April flew down to the trees with Vanessa chasing after her sending flames and fireballs.

April reached the ground, hands on her waist, laughing. "What are you laughing at?" Vanessa questioned her. The moment she took a step towards her, an iron net fell on to Vanessa, trapping her inside.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh" Vanessa screamed in pain. Phoenix's nemesis is iron and since Vanessa had merged their powers together, her body will burn in the presence of it.

"How does that feel? Since you are trapped now, I will take that petty little bird out of you and kill your friends," April bent down and looked at Vanessa who was squirming in pain.

April started to chant a spell and black runes started to appear surrounding Vanessa. "Vanessa!" a familiar voice called for her. "William?" she turned and saw the man running towards her with Lucas. He attacked April with his spells while Lucas tried to free her from the iron net but to no avail.

Think, Vanessa think. Yes, iron is my sole weakness but surely there's something that I can do. Fire and iron. What can I do to take down this iron?  Vanessa thought hard as she endured the stinging pain.

Despite being seriously hurt, Vanessa released hot flames around her heating the net. The flames were so intense that the grass and trees caught fire. It's still not hot enough. She used all her remaining mana and released one final wave of flames.

The iron net which trapped her started to melt, releasing her.

She walked out from the fire, face covered with soot, clothes torn and burnt, and red burning marks on her body slowly disappearing.

William and April were still fighting from trees to trees.

Vanessa sent out multiple clones of phoenix. Those who were touched by the phoenix would instantly be bonded by a ring of flames.

Vanessa and William joined forces and cast a combination spell to capture April.

"Combination magic: Phoenix'sTree of Fire."