Prologue: The Queen of Ecstasine

"To die at your hands would be an ethereal way to go my dear" 

Evangeline had once told her this, but she never thought she would be carrying it out.
Not like this.

"I'm sorry my darling, but you should have seen this coming all along, its a shame, really" Queen Jasira sighed as she twirled a jewelled sword in her hand,
Queen Evangelina took a small sip of her tea as she gazed out of the window, she looked up at Jasira's reflection in the glass, the corners of her lips flicked up into a smirk, "You wouldn't dare" her voice wavered.

Evangelina turned around to face her, setting her teacup on the glass side table nearby,
"Tell me, Jassie, what do you expect to achieve from killing me?" She chided, pacing slowly around her wife, and soon to be killer.
"You studied the laws when you were a child didn't you, my angel? At least, the laws that were in place when the countries were separated, and your father was king."

"Those laws aren't in place anymore, you know that" 

"Oh, but I'm the queen aren't I? I can put in whatever laws I choose to" Jasira scoffed

"So you're going to kill me for power now, that's your plan or is it your father?" Evangelina looked in her eyes with aching remorse as she reached for the hand that the sword was in, but Jasira jerked it away,

"It would be a stupid thing, you know, to tell you my plans, I'm sorry, but it must be this way." she replied, looking down at the ground, voice trembling, her palm opened and the sword fell to the floor with a clatter.
Evangelina tilted Jasira's chin up, their eyes meeting, each with the same look of adoration.
Jasira knew what she had to do, but first...

As Evangelina leaned in, knowing what was coming. If this was going to be her demise she might as well do it right.

Jasira pinned her to the wall, and kissed her, for what was going to be the last time.

She swept the sword off of the floor, while her other hand, held Evangelina
 The blade was speared into her lover's stomach, then pulled away from the kiss, a killer.

Evangelina's blood imprinted on the wall and window as she slid down, legs too weak to carry her weight.

With her breath heavy, she looked down at the sword protruding from her stomach, and laughed,
"Do you want this back or can I keep it? By the way, It won't work darling, I love you. Jasira. See you there." she coughed 

Her eyes went glassy as Jasira's cries of grief echoed throughout the palace, velvet blood pooled around Evangelina, staining her strawberry blonde locks and the hems of Jasira's dress and cape.

She wiped her tears away with the sleeve of her dress as she left the room, sole monarch of Ecstasine.

She stopped at the top of the grand staircase, "Are you happy now father?" Jasira whisper-screamed up to the glass-domed ceiling of the main hall of the palace, her screams echoed throughout her empty void of a palace.

"What do I do now..."

⋆¸*ೃ☼ ⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼

Hi, I hope you enjoyed this sample opening chapter, I know its not the best, but let me know if I should continue it :)

Let me know by commenting, voting or following! Thanks!!

This would be my first original story that got this far, I'm very new to worldbuilding so sorry if I mess things up, i only have a vague outline for whats gonna happen, so I'm basically making things up as i go.

Word count: 495

Bye! and as always, 

May karma get the best of our enemies and those who deserve it (❁ᴗ͈ˬᴗ͈)