The hunt for a flower leads to a kidnapping, naturally

Dear Jeno and Jocelyn,
                                                 I don't know if you're getting this letter, Juji doesn't seem like very reliable postal service, but if you're reading this...yeah I guess you got the letter, I'm really sorry I ran away, I should have thought about how much you guys needed me and how I needed you.

 If you guys are worried about me, (which, I don't even know why you would care about me anymore), just know that I'm fine, I'm still at the Serrin tree in the woods, the one that we used to go to when we were little; the hollow one. 

I've been out here in the forest for a week or so, it feels so weird going out and seeing everything after, what, 5 years? now I know what Dad meant by 'a lot has changed'.

Did I mention that I'm lost? Seriously, I have no idea how to get back to the house, so ill be waiting for you guys to come get me, please hurry up? You're the ones who told me to stay in the same place when you're lost and wait for someone to come get you, so yeah, pleaseeee come get me! My food rations are kinda running low, and the feeling I keep getting is...off...

Thanks,
                 Jinx (or as you guys like to call me, Jasira)

⋆¸*ೃ☼ ⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼

She sat in the hollow Serrin tree, bored out of her mind, after sending the letter off on her pet Woina bird, for what seemed like forever, she certainly thought she was going to be there for that long anyway.

Jinx's stomach screeched for food, not that it was going to get any, her bag which was once filled with packs of Kraita brand double eucea flavoured cakes, and after 3 days of running away from her house to give her mom time to cooldown after she might have stepped a little too far over the line, the bag was left with only 2 little individually wrapped cakes.

Who knew how long she was going to be out there, just waiting, for her siblings to go find her.
I may have also failed to mention that this is her first time being outside her house for 5 years, at the fault of her overprotective, bigot mother.

She ripped the wrapper open and bit into the cake, Eucea was Jinx's favourite flower, she was the only one in the family who could even stand the robust, aromatic, bitter-sweet flower, so when she found the flavoured cakes at the store when she was 5, it took a lot of convincing to get her mother to buy them.

Maybe it was best that her mother didn't buy them at all, if she didn't, then Jinx wouldn't like the flower as much as she did, and none of this would have ever happened, no ...nonetheless, she did.

Jinx scoffed down the last of the cake and looked around, boring herself to death once again, she looked up at the maggot-infested ceiling of the hollow tree- nothing there to interest her.

She peeked inside her bag- nothing in there but cake crumbs and a hair tie, ooh was that a gummy bear? no, that was a bug, what is it with jinx and being bothered by bugs?- well, nothing there either

She glanced outside the tree she was taking refuge in, she started to see if there was anything to interest her there, "grass...grass...grass...gra- was that a eucea flower patch? Hell yeah! Haven't seen one of those in forever"

Jinx scrambled out of the hollow tree, boinking her head on one of the massive roots in the process, and made her way to the flower patch.

 The grass seemed to guide her way to the faraway flower, shifting its weight, pointing in the direction of the flower, making a neat little path for her, while the rays of sun trickling through the leaves of overhead trees danced on her face ever so gently.

Everything was going so nicely for her, she smiled for the first time in weeks, this was fun, she should sneak out more ofte-

A throwing knife shot right past her neck and impaled right into the tree next to her, jinx's eyes widened.
Shaking, she faced the direction the deadly weapon came from, nothing there, but a bush...she stepped cautiously towards it, expecting to find the person who tried to assault her,

Another knife came twirling through the air, wedging itself right into another neighbouring tree and catching onto Jinx's dress sleeve

She gasped and tried to pull the knife out of her sleeve, but to no avail, it was lodged in there pretty deep and Jinx wasn't the strongest. 

Before she had any time to think of another solution, a blur of a person came out of nowhere and before she knew it, her hands were tied up in ropes, the knife was pulled out of the tree swiftly and she was practically being dragged to somewhere by someone with short black hair and combat boots.

Yeah, Jinx had no idea what was coming for her.

⋆¸*ೃ☼ ⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼⋆¸*ೃ☼

word count: 854

helloo thanks for reading, sorry it took so long for an update, but yeah, considering i made this in 3 hours I think its pretty good

oh and the pic above is the tree jinx was hiding in at the start

btw if there are any words you don't recognise here its because they're completely made up words, this is a whole new original fantasy universe, yay, and I'm tryna get some world building in here because yeah, anyway more emphasis on my made-up world will be revealed as the story goes on, because I guess that's how stories work.

sorry for my ramble, thank you so much for reading, please vote/comment/ add to library if you liked it :)

hope your day/evening is going good, bye!