It's Too Late Now (PART 2 OF "CHEATED ON")

House: You choose

Year: 9 years later...

-

You were in Diagon Alley, just looking around for some things you wanted to buy.

You saw a witch standing outside a shop and displaying one of their new products with curly brown hair, and it dangerously reminded you of someone.

~

Astoria walked up to Draco and--

Kissed him.

And Draco kissed back.

Anger, shock, and disbelief quickly took over your emotions.

You let out a small sob, which you immediately stifled.

They heard you. Astoria pulled back from Draco and they both looked up to see you.

Draco's eyes widened. "Y-Y/n..."

You didn't say anything. You just marched angrily over to Draco and slapped him hard on the face.

He staggered, clutching his cheek.

"How long has this been going on?!?" you yelled. "How long, Malfoy?!?"

He winced because you called him by his last name.

"Since..."

"Since when!?"

"Since Dumbledore died."

You didn't say anything. You couldn't. Your boyfriend since 3rd year, cheated on you.

You stepped away, blinking back tears. You could only muster two words.

"We're over."

~

Your heart ached at the memory. It's been 9 years, but still...

9 years since  you ever fell in love with someone.

9 years since you saw Draco Malfoy.

You snapped out of your thoughts and continued walking down the cobbled road.

Being the crowded sanctuary it was, you bumped into someone.

There was no mistaking that white-blonde hair and gray eyes. Draco Malfoy.

He seemed to recognize you too, for he mouthed the name "Y/n" softly.

But you walked right past him without saying anything.

He sighed as your figure vanished in the crowd of people.

~

"Well, that puts her away from our problems," said Astoria while she and Draco watched you run back into the castle.

"No..." Draco stammered.

"Do you have a problem, Draco?" Astoria cooed.

"In fact, yes. That problem is you. Go away, I never want to see you again." he snapped before following you up to Hogwarts castle.

He saw Harry Potter.

"Oi--Potter," he said, going to Harry. "Have you seen Y/n?"

"Yes," Harry said. "She doesn't want to see you. She told us what you did. So leave her alone, Malfoy."

He walked away, joining Ron.

Draco continued looking for you.

Then he saw you. 

You were crying into Hermione's shoulder.

Draco jogged over to the two of you. You didn't see him, but Hermione did, and she glared at him.

You raised your head from Hermione's shoulder and saw Draco. He opened his mouth to say something.

"Save it." you snapped, before walking away, Hermione following you, leaving Draco there.

~

Draco missed you. He really did. You were still in his thoughts for the past 9 years.

*Time skip to the next day brought to you by Dobby's sock*

You were back in Diagon Alley, the only place you go to now because you just lived by yourself at home because your parents were killed in the war.

You saw him again.

He saw you too. He was sitting outside Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor.

He stood abruptly, forgetting about his ice cream, which dropped to the ground.

He quickly walked over to you.

You two looked at each other.

You raised your eyebrows.

"Y/n..." Draco whispered.

You kept your gaze on him. But it wasn't a happy gaze. It was a cold glare.

"It's too late now." you said, walking away.