Chapter 7//Real Life

July 30, 2020

"Where is he?" Parker muttered to herself as she looked around for Charlie. She had been waiting for him by baggage claim for what felt like forever, and was growing impatient. The blonde yelled as she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and lift her in the air.

"Miss me?"

"Charlie!" Parker squealed when she heard the familiar voice. Charlie put her down and she quickly spun to face him, jumping into his arms for a hug. "Of course I missed you."

"I missed you more," Charlie whispered into Parker's ear, matching smiles and blushes on the pairs faces. After a long, much needed hug, they pulled back to look at each other.

"Your hair got long," Parker observed, reaching out to play with the strands that were blocking part of his face, his arms still around her waist.

"You've seen it on FaceTime so many times," Charlie chuckled.

"Yeah, but it looks different in person," Parker brought her attention back to Charlie's eyes, making eye contact with him. "I like it."

"Thanks," Charlie smiled, and the two kept eye contact for a while before he cleared his throat. "We should probably get going, especially before someone recognizes you."

"Shut up," Parker nudged him as he picked his suitcase back up and the pair began walking towards her car. As much as she hates to admit it, she gets recognized in public quite often, mostly due to her work on the Disney Channel show Girl Meets World. She didn't see herself as a celebrity, and as much as she loved her fans she would never get used to getting stopped for pictures so often. "I have a hood on and sunglasses with me anyway."

"Prepared, as usual," Charlie joked, nudging her back. As the two walked, they began catching up, despite talking every day that they hadn't seen each other in person. Neither one of them never ran out of things to talk about with each other, and they loved every second they spent together.

"Oh, I kinda forgot to tell you. Our guest room is kinda of being used to store all Aiden's college stuff right now so no one can sleep in it, so you're gonna have to sleep in my room tonight. Or the couch, too, whichever you want," Parker remembered as they were driving back to her house.

"I'll stay in your room, that's cool. We're gonna be sharing a room the entire trip anyway," Charlie laughed, hoping it would help his blush go away. "I'm probably gonna knock out as soon as we get there anyway."

"Oh, me too. I think everyone else is already asleep anyway," Parker agreed. It was only 9:30, but the group to get up at 5 the next morning for their flight, and the pair were still an hour from Parker's house. "I'm so excited, though. Hopefully I can actually fall asleep."

"If I remember correctly, rubbing your back always helped you fall asleep when we were filming and you couldn't sleep," Charlie smiled at her. "I'd be more than happy to try that."

"Oh, yeah," Parker knew she was blushing, and was glad it was dark out so he wouldn't be able to see. "That'd be really nice."

For the rest of the drive, the pair continued to catch up, make jokes, and blast music until they reached Parker's house. She went into her bathroom to get ready for bed, letting Charlie get settled in her room. She went back into her room to find Charlie sitting shirtless on her bed, making her swallow hard and force herself not to stare. Turning off the light, Parker jumped into her bed and crawled under the covers, making Charlie chuckle.

"What?"

"Nothing, you're just adorable," Charlie complimented the girl, also getting comfortable under the blanket. "Alright, lay on your stomach if you want a back rub."

Parker obliged, letting Charlies soft hands slip under the back of her shirt. Once again, she knew she was blushing, and buried her head into her pillow so he wouldn't notice. With him rubbed her back, Parker was quick to fall asleep, Charlie following suit when he heard her soft snores.