Chapter 2

Aloha! Please comment; i need to know what you guys think.

Don't forget to vote if you like it. :)

********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 2.

Carl's PoV.

"Gio, you shouldn't be leaving. Your father is not feeling well and the family could be under siege from the goddamn Russians." Joey the right-hand man of my father spoke in concern not paying attention to the bleeding man before him.

I did not like him thinking that i was abandoning my family. "Papà agrees with me. I just need to try and live a normal life for a few months but i'll be  back," i ran my left hand through my black hair in frustration of not knowing whether i was making the right decision.

We were in the basement of my family's favorite restaurant in New York: La Famiglia. It was a dark sound-proof room where most interogations took place.

Joey had just come to check on the on-going interrogation of some New York gangster whose boss was messing with our loan shark business.

In the middle of the room was a lean man seated with his hands behind his back. I could not see his face because his head was bent looking down and his blond hair covered his features. Blood was dripping from his mouth and pouring onto his faded jeans. He had passed out. The 'associate' that had been questioning him stood across the room next to a table that had appropriate 'tools' for his job.

"Did he say who he's working for?" My uncle and underboss of the Giovanni family asked the associate.

"Nope," he replied popping the p, "i was just about to get it out of him when he passed out," he explained in disappointment.

I winced at the thought of what he must have done to make the gangster pass out. I didn't like this part of the mafia but i would never admit it.

"Keep me posted." And with that Joey, my uncle, left as i followed him out of the basement up the stairs and into the restaurant's dining area.

We sat at a table where our food had already been served. I looked at one of my favourite food dishes, linguini with a side of clam sauce and pork and realized i had lost my appetite.

I had gone there to explain my upcoming absence to Joey as requested by my father. I knew it would be easy because should my father be too unwell too ran the family and i be absent then my uncle would get his chance to be boss. We both knew he wanted that. He just didn't know that i would want that too.

"I'll take good care of the Don and the family Gio Jnr. I promise."

That was all i needed to hear.

*************