story time from the summer

A story i hold close to my heart one of the best days o have ever lived.

It rained all night normally I lay in bed for about a hour but that day was different I launched out of bed made my bed got dressed made my lunch you know the drill on the hour drive out to a place a friend I was working for it started to rain fuck alright let me get ahold of Jon he said to go for it if you get stuck ill pull you out.

Finally arriving there ill leave a link for the YouTube videos I made for better context.

Throwing  my lunch box and water bottle in the cab and start the ole John deere up. Bouncing through the front part of the farm to pick bales up i wasn't able to grab the day before  everything is wet really wet i could feel it in the seat the tires braking loose when pushed the brakes while talking to my camera. Shutting the camera off then I could really get to work flying across the field  9 bales at a time I text my girlfriend seeing if she still wanted to bring me lunch she said yes she asked well what do you want I told her what ever you want. taco  bell she asks sure that'll work its her favorite fast food place not my favorite but it no that bad good enough for me to eat. A few more hours pass and I was unloading the bale wagon and I sware i saw her ford fusion drive past so i call her just to find out she go lost so I shut the tractor down and jump in my blazer to go find her with did take long leading her to the field and for once I got to eat lunch and didn't have to drive at the same time a true dream came true that day 2 things I love the most farming and my girlfriend at the same place what more could I ask for.

I was happy extremely happy her arm wrapped around my shoulders while we both bounced through the field to the back pice I got a little to confident in the field being dry with 4 bales in the wagon in c 3 just booking i hit a wet spot and sunk the tractor right down to the axle and couldn't unhook the wagon I send the text no farmer wants to send "hey can you bring a chain and tractor im stuck" time passes and well what did we do?

Cuddled and kissed the time away in a dirty cramped cab the older cabs are not ment for 2 people and both waring jeans and boots it was about 85 90 degrees out not a cool day out but had a nice breeze all day.

After getting pulled out it was mid afternoon I was determined to fished stacking bales that day had about  150 to 190 bales left and hauling them out 13 at a time

I was setting a bale on the wagon while my girlfriend picked some smaller rocks at the request of Jon. My girlfriend was at the back of the wagon I was setting the 4th bale on but wasn't able step on the brakes fast enough  and the 3rd bale started to tip while she started WALKING TWIRDS IT something you never do thses bales they weigh and 900 1000 pounds sraw bales so they are lighter but still enough to crush a person. Time seemed to slow right down as I stomped the clutch and smashed the brakes to the floor while screaming at her over the engine.

YOU DONT EVER  WLAK TOWARDS A BALE THATS FALLING she jumped and made her way back in the cab and I asked why in the hell would you walk twords it?

Now mind you she has never been around farm equipment running before this is all new to her.

I thought I could stop it. Are you crazy  you would have been crushed and I would have drive you to the er. Just stay in the tractor its the safest place for you and promise me you will never do that again.

She did and we went about still moving bales and getting the trailer stuck 2 more times.

It was getting late the sun was starting to set and we where on the last load of the farm I shut the tractor off and we both climb out to enjoy the sun set.

Holding her close I swing her around and give her a kiss and told her ant this a gorgeous place can't find it anywhere else  hopefully one day I can do this with our family that what I told her while she sat on the front tire while I stood next to her.

Unloading the last of the bales it was dark and we both had to make the long drive back home I led the way knowing exactly where I was and with the light bars to help spot for deer.

Hey I hope you enjoyed this true story of a day that ill remember for the rest of my life a good one. More like this story to come a lot more to come stick with me yall I'm full of stories and enjoy telling them

Links to the videos here

https://youtu.be/rMxmAjL0OSE

https://youtu.be/d3snDZysz3A