Prologue

Prologue

"Get her!" Adrian roared as he grabbed my wrist.

"Take her back to the tower!"

"Let her go!" Daniel cried as he was stabbed in the stomach by one of the guards. Blood started to bleed out from his now ripped navy blue shirt. Bruises starting to form due to the blows he received from the guards and my brother. His dark hazel eyes reddened; wanting to tear up from the pain and cry out, but Daniel wanted to be strong. And Daniel didn't want any help from Freya nor Keith, even though it would have been a good idea.

I couldn't say anything; due to the bloody spell, Sophie cast on me. That blasted deal I made with her. Why couldn't I just stay at the castle like a normal princess, but no I wanted to break the law and go meet Daniel. I could've been a normal girl, a human would have been better so none of this could have happened. I should have listened to Freya and not come today, today of all days. How could I miss all the signs?!

My face twisted in pain; my rosy lips were bleeding and felt numb, the right side of my ribcage hurt like a mother fucker, due to the fall from the cart. Note to self: Never listen to a fire willing, grey-colored, crazy best friend when she's trying to rescue you. One of Adrian's men also kicked me there several times; thought I was a homeless woman. Meanie much?

"Our stepmother will be pleased that I have found you," Adrian said with such pleasure.

How could my own brother do this to me?! I was his little fire. His partner in crime. I just gave him a disgusted look. 

How could Adrian forget all the times he had protected me from the other kids in the kingdom when I was younger? How could John forget the dark nights where we meant up in my playroom and play with me?

How?

"Oh Enya," my brother sang as he grabbed my face, causing my lips to bleed and sting more,

"You were almost there. But you didn't have the balls or courage to do it!" He laughed. Well for one sir, I don't have any balls.

"I told you, didn't I?!" His dark side started to show and when it does, things get scary,

"I told you that you don't belong with these savages! Why didn't you listen to that grey friend of yours huh?" Whoa, Adrian don't call Freya 'grey' that's rude, even for you. Come on now, you're the next heir to the throne for Gods sike. 

"Tsk. Take her." He pushed my face causing me to fall. What happened to you, Adrian?

"No!" Daniel yelled once again. Seeing him in pain made me want to cry and made my chest ache. He found the strength to grab his sword and started to stab and slash at the guards one by one. How does he do it? I will never know. Daniel ran towards Adrian, full of rage. As he swung his sword toward Adrian's  back, Adrian appeared in front of Daniel, grabbing his wrists and causing Daniel to gasp.

"Long live the prince. Do tell your brother I said hello." And with that Adrian stabbed Daniel in the chest with his bare hand. As he withdrew his hand, covered in Daniel's blood, Daniel's eyes widened, knowing that this was the end.

"Daniel!" I finally screamed. Tears started to pour down my face. Blood and tears mixed as they dripped down my chin, forming stains on my ripped, bloody, muddy dress.

Adrian kicked Daniel away from him and slipped on his shirt. The last thing I saw of Daniel was his black curls swaying with the wind as his lifeless body laid on the bloody battlefield. Soon his shirt started to become darker, due to the blood that he was losing every second that passed by.

Adrian simply sneered, cleaned his hand with his cape-like cloak, and walked toward the surviving guards.

"It seems the spell has broken my dear Little Fire. Time to take you home." Adrian whispered as he carried me bridal-style and kissed my forehead. As he carried me toward the cart, it started to rain. The rain was quiet and soft; pouring on our heads, bodies, and the lifeless bodies surrounding the forest ground.

I didn't have the strength to kick, slap, burn him to a crisp, to do something to show my anger and sadness. All I was able to do was cry, even though my throat burned. Knowing that I was able to scream my Daniel's name, I knew that I have lost the person I loved, even if it was against the law, but I had to learn the hard way. The way no one should learn.