0: Ingredients

The Aroma of the sugar coated baked goods fills Kade's nose. The sweet, sweet smell making him smile in delight. The different scent's mixed with the now fully baked cookies fills the bakery with an even more pleasant smell.

The occasional ring of the bell above the door indicating people coming in and people going out brings him to remember that he has customers to serve.

__                                                                           __

Opening the oven, Kade gently grabs the pan with the freshly baked cookies. He smiles to himself as he catches a whiff of the delicious scent coming off of the chocolate chip cookies.

He then sets the pan down with the other multiple amounts of cooling cookies. Grabbing an already cooled off batch, he takes the icing from one of the cabinets above him and starts decorating the cookies.

"Kade?"

Hearing his name being called, he looks over his shoulder to see Bell, one of his closest friends waving him over.

Kade had met Bell at a cooking contest when he was still working on decorating the bakery. Then after that one contest, he had always managed to run into Bell one way or another, even if he was just walking, or at a contest.

And now, they've been inseparable ever since Bell had finally won a contest against Kade.

__                                                                           __

"Yes?", Kade replies while walking over to Bell.

"Your competeing in this year's baking contest, right?"

Ever since Kade had lost to Bell, he hadn't participated in a contest since. Four years to be exact.

It's not Bells fault, and Kade made sure they know that. That same year, something happened in Kade's life that made him quit practicing in contest's.

And last year, Kade had promised Bell that he would participate in the next contest. Which so happens to be next month, two days before Christmas.

He sighs, closing his eyes before opening them to look at Bell.

"I promised, didn't I?"

Bell smiles, the corners of their eyes crinkling in the most beautiful way.

They jump onto Kade, engulfing him into a hug. Kade wraps his arms around Bell, patting their back.

Bell unwraps their arms from around Kade and steps back.

"We close in ten minutes"

Kade raises an eyebrow. They usually leave the place open for a few more hours on fridays.

"I need to get some supplies and some new skates-" Bell's eyes glance at the door before fixating on Kade again. "-And we both know you can't run the place yourself. You multitasking isn't the greatest idea"

Kade let's out a sigh, "Fine, I'll wrap up here and let the customers know" Bell smiles once again, turning and taking off their apron. "On your way out, make sure to flip the sign to closed"

Giving a thumbs up, Bell grabs their backpack and makes their way to the door.

Kade smiles at their childish like behavior.

He walks back over to the cookies, grabbing a few with his gloves hands and putting them on display.

•••••
503 Words