Chapter 5

"So...today was fun", Issac says to break the awkwardness. We all just vaguely, nonchalantly noded. This was overall the most awkward, but eventful, birthday. I still feel bad for Ryan. When we reach Issac and Paige's apartment,  Ryan offers me to come and sit in the front with him. What. The. Heck? I hate this. Sort of. I get out of the car, hug Paige and Issac goodnight and sit with Ryan.  
"Hey, I'm sorry. About what happened with Alison. She totally ruined your birthday. Well, I kinda did it too. I'm sorry. Then I was such a dick to you after. I'm really..."  
"Yo!! Stop. It was not really your fault. You didn't plan it or anything, right? It just happened. I'm sorry actually for thinking it kinda brought drama tonight which  is", I'm panic ranting now, " kind of ironic because I'm a film student like theater and stuff", Nora stop. I shut up but sigh and just say, "it's all cool", with a smile. He smiles back. That was sooooooooooooooo awkward. What did I just say?!? Did I just call his failed relationship entertainment in my life?! I'm a dead man. Shit.  
The way I chose to overcome this weird and shameful moment was asking him in his own car if I can turn the radio on and just looking out the window. He was nice enough to laugh it off and nod. He knows I'm embarrassed. I can hear the mocking in his laugh. I hate him. 

"Hey, we should hang out more often. All the catching up to do", Ryan says. What the heck? I don't want to hang out with him anymore. Well, maybe I do. A little.  

"Ummm...sure. That sounds fun". Nope. I'm terrified.  

"Yeah. Cool", he says with a smile.  

After about five minutes, we reached my apartment. Home sweet home!! As I unbuckle my seatbelt, he asks, "'Hey what is your phone number. It's now that I should ask or I will probably forget about it".  

Aw shit he took us to the next level of contact-information-exchanged . Crap. But I can't say no so I decide to give it to him. Shit. "Okay. Give me your phone and I will put it in" I say.  

He immediately busted out his phone and hands it in. I put in my number and give it to him. I say goodnight and run away. This was awkward and I didn't want to become even more awkward.  

************************************************************************************************************ 

Around two when I'm getting ready to go bed, my phone rings. Who could this..wait was this Ryan? I find my phone to find out it was a call from Paige.  At this time? That's weird.  

"Hey, what's...", I start off 

"'ISSAC PROPOSED ME!!!", Paige screams through the phone.  

"WHAT!?!?!" I scream back. 

"Yeah he asked a while ago and you are first person I have told. Well except after my mom", Paige explains. "And now I have to ask you something: Will you be my Maid of Honor?", Paige askes me, scared for some reason. 

"Is that even a real question? HELL YES!!!" I scream to her.  

"Also, we are sorry to take your special date to our proposal night." 

I giggle. She is so sweet. I take a heavy, dramatic sigh and shout, "you have ruined my life mom!!!" I say sarcastically. . 

" But I love you, honey", she plays along. "Okay, babe I have to go now. We'll talk tomorrow. OH by the way, the Best Man is Issac's brother, Allen, and let me tell you this; he is gorgeous", Paige informs me.  

"Girl, hold up. Issac has a brother? Isn't Issac a single child?", I ask Paige. 

"No.You have probably never heard of him because he is never in Canada. He works in the States. They are half brothers but they are super close. And did I mention he is single? Maybe this can be the wedding you meet your true love", she sighs like its the cutest idea ever which it is but also really fictional.  

"Uhh...no. But again; CONGRATULATIONS!! I will get right to planning your special day. What theme do you want your bachelorette party to be? And also..." 

"Nora, calm down. Get some sleep. I just really wanted to tell you. I couldn't wait till  tomorrow. Hey give me a second", and she goes off. I get a notification ping from Paige. It was a picture message of a random dude. 

"Hey who's that?" , I ask her.  

"It's Allen. The Best Man" 

Okay I will just admit it; he was really REALLY hot. Really intense but seemed sweet at the same time. 

"Damn, he is beautiful" I tell Paige.  

"Oh I know. And he is super tall"  

"'Hey!! You are an engaged woman! Every guy now is off limits to you. It's my chance now!!" 

"Yeah no Nora. I know you. You will always be that hot, geek girl. Nah I love you. I'm tired now. I will call you tomorrow". I hear her yawn. 

"Wait!! What happened to Ryan? Is the one the other groomsmen?" 

"Yeah. Why?"  

"Just asking. Nothing to worry about". 

"Uh hmm, boo. What happened after we got dropped?" 

"Nothing. He just asked me for my number and gave it" 

"What the heck?" 

"Yeah. It was pretty awkward but...I couldn't say no!!"  

"Girl, you need to tell me everything tomorrow in detail! I will talk to you tomorrow. Good night", she says.  

"Sweet dreams. OH, by the way there are no details. It wasn't a big deal. Really. Believe me".  

"Yeah, okay, I believe you. Bye". 

"Good night, soon-to-be Mrs. Issac", I say as a tease. She laughs and hangs up. The silence after our loud conversation made me realise something: we are growing up way too fast. I mean it seem like yesterday we were in grade three and I was the new kid and a little blonde girl came up to me and asked if I wanted to sit with her. I have seen us through everything and now they will be just memories we will soon tell our children. Well, her children. I have nooooo plan for my wedding any time soon. But Paige's wedding? It a great responsibility.  

I will get to meet new people. Oh that will be exciting. Yay..can't wait. And that Allen dude... 

That should be...interesting.