Chapter 1

Hey! Issac and I are meeting with some of Issac's friends. You should join! I read on my phone. It was a text from my best friend, Paige. Issac is her boyfriend and they have been together since...forever. Sure, I reply back. When/Where? A few mintues later, my phone vibrates. This Friday at 7 at the diner. Let's see...it's a Friday and the weekend after that and i have no work this week so I don't need to worry about that so yeah, I'm good to go. Okay :)

My name is Nora. I'm 23 year old. I'm a film student. I live in Toronto, Canada. My parents live in Manitoba, Winnipeg (HOMETOWN!!). My only sister lives in B.C. with her husband and her amazing two childeren. I guess I like it here alone. I mean I live in a big urban city alone. What else a 23 year old want? But i'll admit: it does get loney. I do have my best friend with me at all times but after she started going out with Issac about 3 1/2 or so years ago, it hasn't been the same. Not that I hate Issac but he did stole the only thing that I had closest to family but I still love Paige and Issac. It's not his fault. My best friend is irresistible.

OMG! Guess which "friend" is coming on Friday? Ryan! The guy you like in grade 9 and took you a year and a half to get over him! You don't have to come if you don't want to, love. Oh Shit! Ryan! Ryan Blake Ortiz. Urrrggghhhh!!!! I was, like, in love in with him. Or whatever 14 year old Nora thought love was! No no no no!! No! I have to go so he can see what he has missed all these years. No, I'm coming. Kk xoxo! Bye. I finish the conversation.

Who am I kidding; he hasn't missed anything? Wait!?!? Why am I thinking about this? Screw him. No! No no! I mean look at me. Slightly tattooed and pierced, red highlighted hair, motorbike riding freak!! He'll laugh at me. Whatever...eff him. I was so over him 9 years ago. I don't care what he thinks about me. I'm an independent woman who doesn't need a man in her life...or anyone. My phone vibrates Oh, and he's bringing his girlfriend too.

I'm screwed. She's gonna be this perfect, sweet, angelic girl and then, it's me. Okay, I have to have to have to look nice. Ummmm.....I don't know how to do that.

***************************

After 3 hours of 2 cups to pure black coffee, I've finally found THE outfit: a black lose tank top with triangle lace pattern at the bottom, my dark denim jacket. I'll wear my a dark denim and my classic black Converse. I'm all armed up for to tommrow. Bring it on.