~ Part 1: Castillio ~

One of my solders has escaped. He's hiding in a mortal's house on Earth. I have Sinopa to help me but we have sort of a rivalry going on right now, so she's not any help. Her younger brother, Beacon, helps me though. Our kingdom is falling apart, and I'm counting on him to keep it alive.

Sinopa looks at me. She looks worried, and her long blonde hair waves in the wind from the open windows in the castle. "Cassie, do you really think it was him who escaped? I really think that's not possible, with all the new guards, and since Bianca gave us money for improvements," she starts to trail off. "But he is a guard!" I argue. Her soft amber eyes look into mine, and I realize how alike ours are. Mine are a darker brown, though. Beacon is staring at me, and it's creepy. "Beacon!" I yell. His face gets red. I climb down from my throne so I can be the same height as Sinopa. She's just a bit shorter than me but two years younger. Makes me feel small.

"I want you, Sinopa, to go to your tower and talk to yourself so you can get all of your worries out, okay? So you don't have to annoy me or Beacon," I say. She nods obediently, and heads down the north corridor. Beacon looks at me. I've learned over time that he's very awkward, and especially around me. Probably because I'm the queen now, and he's only ever known me as the kind, caring poor girl from the village.  

Beacon's face is red, and my second hand embarrassment starts to kick in. Maybe ordering him to do something will help. "Beacon!" He almost screams, but it's more like a whine or whimper. I start to think of things I could make him do, but my mind starts to trail off. "Um, yes your highness?" He whispers, to afraid to speak loudly. "Uh, never mind," I sigh, suddenly tired. He heads off into the West wing, to his room.