~ Part 2: Ingrid ~

I was your average seventh grader. I had lots of friends and got decent grades, and even had a crush. My family lived in a big house on a farm right by the school and I have two siblings, Serafina and Rosalind. My cousin Theo lives with us, too. But everything changed when I found a letter on our front porch informing us we must leave our house now due to an unknown type of magic that supposedly was living and thriving in our chimney.

"Inni!" Rosalind calls. "Yeah?" I ask. "And where are you?" "The kitchen." I walk to the kitchen to find Rosa pulling out a tray of cookies. "Yummy!" I say, grabbing one. Rosalind laughs, and grabs one for herself. "Do you really think that letter was from the government? And if it was, were they serious?" She asks. "I don't know," I sigh, "but I hope we find out soon." Rosalind is my younger sister. She's twelve, and I'm fourteen. Serafina, or Sera, is my older sister. She rarely ever talks and when she does she's really quiet. Sera is a beautiful singer though, but she never sings either.

Rosalind finishes her cookie. "Mmm, these are good!" She says, and grabs another one. "I know, right!" I say. "Well, Ingrid, the Halloween Dance is coming up! Do you have any idea of who you want to take you?" Rose giggles. "Um..." my face gets red. Yes, I do know. "No. I have no idea," I say as calm as possible. "Well I do! There's this guy named Brett," my mind wanders as Rosa blabs on. She kind of changed the subject pretty quick. But why? Does she know something that I don't?