The Beginning of Us

It's been a month since I've seen my cast mates. A month too long. Before I left for Australia, I would hang out with David, Cierra and Jake all the time, and now I just can't wait to get back and just be with them.

I miss them so much. Especially David. We've always been close. I don't really know what it is, we just clicked from the beginning.

He's been there for me through everything that's happened in the past year and a half, just as I've been there for him. Going a day without talking to him is hard. He's my best friend.

We tried to stay in touch while I was in Australia but it was hard. During one of the very few conversations we had, he told me he wanted to be the one picking me up from the airport. I told him I wouldn't have it any other way.

My flight was just about to land in L.A. and I couldn't be more excited to see him.

I took my carry on and walked off the plane, thanking the staff that were so kind the whole flight.

The second I was off, I went straight for my luggage, impatient to see David. I didn't want to waste any time looking for my stuff.

When I got it, I walked slowly to the area where people were waiting to pick up their loved ones.

I tried not to look too excited as I searched for David, but the wide grin that reached my eyes the second I found him was inevitable.

I didn't want to be one of those cliché girls who dropped their bags and ran to the person they couldn't wait to see like in the movies, but that's exactly what I did.

I let all my belongings fall to the floor as I ran to David, who wasn't standing too far from me.

I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his waist, burying my face in his neck. His arms encircled my waist, holding me like he never had before.

Without meaning to, I started to cry. I was just so happy to see him. Despite the happiness I was feeling, I also felt like an idiot. We weren't even a couple and I was acting like he was my boyfriend.

"Maia, hey, why are you crying?" he whispered into my hair. I pulled back just enough to look him in the eyes.

He wiped my tears, but it was useless, they just kept coming. I smiled despite the blurriness in my eyes.

"I'm just so happy to see you, David. I missed you so much. You're my best friend, being away from you was hard," I whispered, not wanting anyone to hear despite the scene I had just caused.

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I missed you, too, pretty girl." I smiled as he set me back down on my feet.

"Let me pick up your stuff and we'll head to my car and go for dinner. You must be starving. Sound good?"

I smiled and simply nodded. The tears had finally stopped and I couldn't wait to just hang out with David. It had been too long.

We got to his car and he put my baggages in the trunk of his car. Like the gentleman that he was, he even opened my car door.

"Thanks David, but you didn't have to do that," I told him as I sat down in the passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt.

He started the car and looked at me, smiling. "I know, but I wanted to."

I slightly blushed and opened the radio. He started driving and I closed my eyes, kind of tired from the flight.

After a few seconds of having my eyes closed, I felt David's hand on my thigh.

Had he meant to do that? We had always been somewhat touchy but this was something else.

I didn't move and inch, my heart was beating out of my chest. My stomach was doing flips. What was happening? Was David causing me to get butterflies?