✞【Sparks And Wires】✞

Art Credit To: gugurago on Twitter

Tw: Swearing, Death

Other than a loud crashing sound and my immense hunger, the previous night had been dragging along. I kicked my feet over the side of the bed, I grabbed my tie off the ground and slung it around my neck- the red fabric sticking to skin that wasn't covered by the tank-top. I sighed as I forced my feet into the boots, not caring whether or not they had broken at this point.

I left my room, everyone else seemed to be coming out of their rooms at this time, Alane rubbing her eyes and Chiaki yawning. It seemed quite suspicious that we didn't wake up at an obnoxious time this morning.

"It seems we missed Monokuma Tai-Chi, shall we head to Grape Tower regardless?" I wrapped my arms around myself, feeling my stomach turn again.

Akane nodded, grumbling about how hungry she was, at this point I couldn't blame her. It really was something that overtook your entire consciousness. With that, Akane and I started walking to Grape Tower, a feeling of dread started to wash over me as we walked. There was something so awful that was going to happen, and this queasy feeling would pass.

Once Akane pushed open the door, the feeling I had could be confirmed, and it was perhaps the most brutal death scene we had seen yet...

Mechamaru laid on the ground, dismembered and in pieces, his head and one of his legs pulled away from the body. There were rope-esque wounds around his torso and legs, and oil was pouring out of him. As much regret as I felt, it definitely would have been amplified if it were actual blood. A pillar was destroyed near his body, bits and pieces of it broken off, and a hammer also laid by his body.

"Holy... shit..." I waited for one more person to come over, so the dreaded announcement would go off.

"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!" Monokuma's voice was loud and proud as always, as if he never had a shred of remorse in his stupid bear body.

"Whichever one of you... whoever did this... I'll beat the shit out of them. I'll beat the shit outta ya, y'know?" Akane's eyes were dark, as if she would kill the blackened on the spot.

"We'll have to see, Akane. It's best that we don't pani-"

"It was you, huh?"

"Huh?"

"You act like my friend, and ya give us your sob-story, and then ya go and kill Coach Nekomaru?"

"No, of course not. Let's stop bitching and focus on the killer..." I turned away from her, going to examine the body.

One second I was looking at the decapitated head of Mechomaru, and the next I was looking at the back of Akane's shirt. I was slung over her shoulder, she treated me like a sack of potatoes. Her hands were wrapped around my legs, not letting me try to get out of her grasp.

Akane carried me around for the investigation, never letting her grip down for even a moment... which proved difficult for examining a body.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mayhaps the first time I was out of Akane's grip was the trial, one unfortunate situation to another...

"Discovering the body, quite simple actually. Akane and I, after waking up late, headed to Grape Tower. Upon entering the tower, Mechamru's body was already there..." I shrugged, doing what Hajime usually does at the beginning of the trials.