𝐤. 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐚 » 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟

ᶠˡᵘᶠᶠ

𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐤, 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠.

you were gonna have final exams in a few days and you were not ready at all. sure, you studied like the average student, but you couldn't help but overthink.

what if you failed?

you weren't very smart, but you're not stupid either. you were fairly average, yet you wanted to make your parents proud since this was your last year of high school.

you tried focusing on studying, but you simply couldn't. you were currently stressing yourself out and you didn't know how to calm down.

your eyes lingered at the worksheet you were currently working at. you were stuck on a specific number that you had been working for a while.

you just couldn't find the answer no matter how hard you tried. you tried everything. from looking at your notes to searching it online.

but alas, you found nothing. you started stressing yourself to the point that you were starting to sob.

"GODAMN IT! WHY CAN'T I DO THIS?! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG DAMNIT" you screamed out of frustration.

you slammed your head on your desk. thankfully your parents were out of town, so they couldn't hear their daughter having a mental breakdown.

your parents weren't ones to expect much from you. yet sometimes, they would complain about wanting a smart daughter.

you really wanted to make your parents proud, so you decided to study harder. yet here you are, having a mental breakdown.

you were so busy trying to solve the problem and sobbing, that you didn't realize the multiple missed calls from your boyfriend, sugawara koshi.

sugawara was extremely worried about you, so he decided to go straight to your house after practice.

you were looking through your notes when you heard a knock. you weren't expecting anyone, so you peaked through your bedroom window.

you saw the shadow of your boyfriend waiting patiently in front of your door.

you didn't want him to see you like this, so you hurriedly wash your face hoping he wouldn't notice your red nose and eyes.

"c-coming!" you exclaimed rushing towards the front door.

you were greeted by the sight of your caring boyfriend, skilling closed eyed.

however, his smile fanished when he opened his eyes. he saw your red nose and eyes and immediately got worried.

"(y/n)? were you. . crying?" he asked you in a soft but worried tone. he looks genuinely concerned.

"w-what? no! of course not! why would you think that! haha. ." your face showed clear signs of lying and you were acting suspicious.

"(y/n) you know you can tell me anything right?" he said to you as he smiled softly and caressed your cheeks.

"suga i-. . come in please. ." you said as you gestured for him to come inside.

he went inside and closed the door. immediately after doing that he hugged you carefully.

"(y/n), what's wrong?" he asked softly. his tone was calming and he was genuinely worried about you.

after he asked that, you immediately broke down in sobs. you couldn't hold it in anymore, you need someone to rant to and that someone was suga.

"s-suga. ." you couldn't continue what you were saying. you were shaking and sobbing extremely hard.

"shh it's alright. .let's go to your room okay? you can tell me there. ." he said as he continued to hug you.

the both of you eventually made it to your room. upon entering your messy room, the both on you sat on the bed.

"calm down first alright? deep breaths. . in and out. ." he said trying to help you calm down.

eventually you calmed down. not enough to stop sobbing, but enough to not be shaking anymore. you looked at him and took a deep breath.

"suga t-this all just me overthinking and overreacting, i'm sorry i had to drag you in this mess and be a burden to you. . it's just, i've been studying really hard, and yet i still feel like i'm gonna fail. i-i feel like i'm just gonna disappoint everyone! i know i'm not smart it's just I wanna make my parents proud for once. ." you explained sobbing to his chest.

he patted your back before thinking about what you were saying. a few moments later he looked at you and gently lift your chin up.

"(y/n), listen to me. your not overreacting. and your most certainly not a burden. i'm your boyfriend and it's my job to cheer you up. angel, your parents are already proud of you. it's alright to study, but please don't overwork yourself. please always remember to rest and not stress yourself out. if you need anything, there will always be people who are willing to help. you are never a burden okay? your not gonna disappoint anyone. i love you and you matter. don't ever forget that, alright angel?" he said while rubbing your back and kissing you on the cheek.

"you mean that?" you asked him. your sobbing had stopped and you were calmer now.

"of course angel. i love you okay? remember that." he said as he kissed your nose. you blush at this and replied by kissing him on the cheeks.

"now, let's take a break from studying and just cuddle for tonight, okay? give yourself a break. you've been working hard." he said softly.

you nodded and the both of you spent the night enjoying yourselves while talking and cuddling.

★ -
i'm sorry this one was short ! i'm currently in the middle of my final semester exams and it's really stressful, so i thought that this might fit haha. i hope you enjoyed reading it ! lmk your thoughts and feedbacks !! <3