Chapter 4

The Killer
*Trigger Warning*
Violence

I'm being transferred to a prison in upstate New York from the State Correctional Institute in Greene County, Pennsylvania, where I've been serving my life sentence without the possibility of parole. Sometimes, I wish that I would've gotten the death penalty.

Being dead would be so much better than not being able to act on my evil desires. I'm so angry that I've been on the edge of losing control. I don't lose power. I'm always in control of myself, except for that one time. I didn't keep to my well-thought-out plans and lost control. I lost my shit once, and it landed me in prison for the rest of my life.

Thinking back again, like a thousand times before, to that fateful night when that little bitch pushed me over the edge and I lost total control, has me pissed off once again. I had plans for her tight ass and wanted to take things slow and methodical, just like always. However, I missed a crucial bit of information while stalking and planning my assault on the red-headed beauty. My thirst for her overshadowed the elaborate plans that took days to perfect. Instead, it became a chaotic blood bath.

Focused on completing my ritual, I never heard the lock on her door open. While preparing for my final assault on her, something crashed into my skull, which caused me to inadvertently rub the back of my head where it was hit over ten years ago.

I discovered that my little minx had a male roommate during the trial. He had been away on business overseas for three months. No wonder the fucker was off my radar. As far as I knew from my stalking of Miss Red, she wasn't seeing anyone and lived alone—two main components for picking my victims.

So, dickhead roommate picked the most inopportune time to show up. I was so deep into Miss Red's screaming anguish that I was out of control and never heard him coming. He hit me with a lamp, and while I was out, the bastard tied me up with the lamp's cord and called 911. The cops were there before I woke up. The EMT carted Miss Red out on a stretcher, but the knowledge of knowing that she'll never come back from the injuries that were inflicted on her body by my hand still has me smirking. The thought of seeing her lifeless body loaded into the ambulance is something I'll savor for the rest of my pathetic life.

The vehicle suddenly breaks, and I expect it to come to a quick halt. Instead of stopping, the driver must have yanked the wheel to the right. I don't know what is happening, but I enjoy the panic on the guard's face as he goes airborne. My body is held in place by my restraints, but the guard hits his head hard as the vehicle begins to tumble. I watch, amused, as the van's movement flips around the guard's body. Pain stabs my shoulder, but it doesn't bother me. My full attention is on the apparent dead guard. I feel almost giddy as his head flops from side to side due to a broken neck.

It takes several rolls before the vehicle comes to a standstill. I'm lying on my back, meaning the van landed on its left side. The officer is lying across my chest. I begin to feel the full extent of my injured shoulder but block out the pain to take a moment to weigh my options. Much to my surprise, the guard's keys attached to his hip are close enough to my hand that I can reach out my fingers and touch them.

I try to shift closer to the keys, but as I move, so does the guard. Instead, I use my hand closer to the keys. My shoulder is either broken or dislocated because when reaching my right hand closer to the keys, my injured left side quickly moves with it. Pain shoots down my arm from my shoulder as I stretch further towards the keys. Fuck this pain. I need those keys. It takes one more effort until I tightly grip the guard's keys beneath my fingers.

My time is short, and not knowing if the driver is dead, unconscious, or already on his way back to me has me quickly trying each key to free me from this tin can prison. On the third try, I hear the click and feel the release of my handcuffs. I swiftly push the larger-than-life corrections officer off of me. His body makes a thud against the metal, making me smile again. I'm a sick fuck; I know this about myself but don't give a shit.

My left arm dangles lifelessly by my side as I make my way to the back and force open the damaged door, stepping into a wooded area. You can't even see the road from where the vehicle landed. I make my way to the front and see two dead guards. Not being aware that it was taking three guards to haul my ass up North gives me a sense of pride for some fucked up reason.

The passenger seat's guard has his skull cracked open, with bright red blood seeping from his injury. The driver of the vehicle has something protruding from his chest. It takes me a moment to realize that the gear stick broke off at some point during the accident and found its way into the guard's chest. His eyes are open, and he is staring straight ahead. I bet the bastard never saw it coming. I chuckle.

I take a moment to enjoy the accident's goriness before attempting to get a hold of the guards' weapons. Reaching up with my good arm, I try to pull myself into the cab but can't support my body weight with one arm. I decided to head back to the guard who was riding in the back with me to grab his sidearm. As my hand is reaching for the broken door, sirens scream in the distance. I take off as fast as possible, not waiting a precious second, rushing deep into these unknown woods.

*****