What would Captain Boomerang do if he met a human unicorn?

"Can I pet ya mane?" The Aussie leans over Deadshot to reach my hair.  His eyes wide with a look of child- like wonderment.

Deadshot crammed in between us, wears a look of a mixture of confusion and annoyance. That the large Aussie is completely oblivious to.

"Yo! Digger? What the hell bro?" Leaning back from the muscular arm reaching over him

"She's a unicorn mate, a real live unicorn." a wide smile flashing his gold tooth, made me shake my head stifling a giggle.

"Beg your pardon? My mane? You mean my hair?" Leaning forward looking over at the burly man. Pulling my long frosty white locks over my shoulder furthest from him and darting my eyes at the fierce dark-skinned man beside me.

Lowering my mental shield to allow in the voices around me, concentrating hard to focus on the deep Australian accent from the man sitting two seats down from me, and blocking out the jumble of other voices.

" I must be high, she can't be real. Her skin, her hair and those eyes. This shelia is a unicorn. I just know it's tah fuckin drugs those bastahas give us. This can't be real"

"I'm Whisper. And I'm not a unicorn. You might be high, those bastards do give us a lot of drugs" my smile reaching my eyes, not looking over at the burly Australian

"Wh-wha? I never said anythin' bout drugs, how'd yah know that?" The whist full look replaced by confusion

Across from us the head solider clears his throat glancing up at the Aussie.

"She reads minds. And this little meta human shoots energy blasts from her hands, so leave her alone I don't want this bird going down if she gets pissed at you and energy blasts the hull"

Leaning forward looking at me eyebrows raised

"Oi.. yah stay out of me head yah hear me? Unicorn or no that's not cool"

Shaking my head with a tiny smirk playing at my lips, I close my eyes and my mental barrier. Better to rest as much as possible in this bird, no idea when the next opportunity will be and I need all my strength for what's ahead. Letting the voices around me fade into a murmur the memories flood into my head. Working at Wayne Labs, the bodies of fellow scientists slumped over chairs and tables bleeding.
Hiding in a closet focusing on the voices causing the carnage and forcing myself to be silent until I hear the explosion- and stupidly scream revealing myself.
The closet door opening then the feeling of red hot fire through my body, no pain just heat then realizing my hands are up to defend myself and there are bodies of men crumbled against the wall twenty feet from me and my palms are glowing.

"What is happening?!"

Vision blurred with the wetness in my eyes, ignoring the tears streaming down my hot cheeks.

"Holy Shit! She blasted Calhoun and Bailey! What the fuck is she? I better get to Freeze no-"

The dark skinned man's thoughts cut off when I send him through the large glass window

"Freeze? Shit not Mr. Freeze, I've read about him in the newspaper. He's not here is he? What could they want in Wayne Labs?"

Before I can continue worrying more; speak of the Devil himself, striding forward in a protective cryogenic suit holding what looks like a ray gun from 1960's science fiction movies.

"Impressive. Miss Diamond, skills such as yours could be most useful. I have a need for your telepathic abilities .."

I'm yanked from my memories by the shouts and screams all around me, the helicopter falling through the air. The shock of the chaos around me leaves me unprepared to keep up my mental shields and everyone's mind shouts of fear, anger and even excitement.

Lurched forward as the helicopter tumbles through the sky, the straps holding me in release and I fall forward until a strong hand grabs hold of my long hair pulling me back to him with a quick hard tug.

"Can't let my unicorn fall. Now get ova here"

His deep voice rumbles into my hair when his arms snake around me protectively

I'm shaking all over with fear as we fall closer and closer to earth.  He holds me close making comforting sounds and I hear in his thoughts he's not letting his unicorn go and we are gonna be just fine.