"Big" Words

I've been in a lot of fandoms; bands, anime, video games, TV Shows, you name it. I got the idea on creating this book through Twitter. So yeah, here's the first chapter.

PS: this book is made for fun. I do not intend to offend nor insult anyone.
---

You know how an author overuses words which they think sound smart, but in reality, it just annoys the crap out of you? Like these 2 legit examples:

1.) Orbs

- Okay, what happened to 'eyes'? This is literally the most overused word in every single fanfic!

"we stared at each other's orbs, like emerald against sapphire,"

*cringes* well that sounded cheesy.

"Harry (BECAUSE IT IS ALWAYS HARRY) stared at me with his chocolate-brown orbs,"

Sooooooo... were Ferrero Rochers glued to his eyes or something?

Seriously though, if I get a dollar every time I encounter this word, I'd be a fucking millionaire.

2.) Whilst.

- Dude, it's the 21st Century. 'whilst' has evolved to 'while'! You aren't William Shakespeare, okay?

Also, who says 'whilst' while talking to a toddler???? I kid you not, I've read a fanfic where Ashton Irwin talked to his 2-year-old daughter and it went something like, "let's eat dinner whilst waiting for mommy okay?"

*eye twitches* you don't talk like that to toddlers.

---

So Vote and Comment if you liked it :)