Hypothetical Pt. 1 (Whump)

Hi guys welcome to my book. We are kicking off with a bang and some heartbreaking whump prepare yourselves accordingly. Please let me know what you think and how this makes you feel.  This first one is really sad. Sorry-ish. Adopted Peter makes his first appearance in this story ^^ there is a part two where things get better. so hang in there for part 2. :)

-5N33k3R5

Hypothetical (Pt.1)

(Whump)

"Dad?" I heard Peter ask me quietly.

"Yeah kid?" I asked putting down my tools and looking at him. He had his head down and he was staring at his hands. Clearly conflicted about something, I hope that he'll actually tell me about it this time.

"C-can I ask you something? Not like anything super serious- but I... I just had a thought lately and it's more Hypothetical than anything. So..."

"Hypothetical you say?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. Not serious my butt. What on earth has he been thinking about? It's seriously got him worked up.

"Sure, lay it on me kid."

"Ah- Alright." He stuttered, I frowned. Peter rarely stuttered around me anymore. Making him an actual intern really helped him overcome some of that initial shyness of his. Then with the accident, he's my son now. So, what on earth is bringing it back?

"So, what if- Well that is to say... Uh well what would you do if- if you knew you didn't have much longer to live? You just know-like in your bones? Like you were feeling really off and like heard weird ringing noises, or had bad headaches that weren't just headaches or striking pains somewhere or everywhere, blurry vision... A bad feeling in your gut... or maybe just feeling bad and you knew in your bones... Like if it was you or someone you loved... What would you do? Would you do something even if you knew they couldn't be saved in the end?"

"Why the sudden interest in that Underoos? Is something going on? Are you okay Bud?" I asked as I placed a hand on his shoulder a concerned look on my face.

"Yeah Dad." He said with a grin and a soft light in his eyes. "I'm fine. It's just Hypothetical."

-Three months later-

"Hey Pete, can you hand me tha-." I was interrupted by the sound of something crashing into the floor. I looked over and found Peter collapsed on the ground looking extremely pale. I dropped whatever I was working on it no longer being important to me anymore and rushed to my son crumpled on the floor.

"Kid! Pete! Peter! Answer me kid, come on wake up! You're scaring me Bud!" I said frantically trying to wake him up. He wasn't responsive and I was beginning to panic.

"FRI-"

"Boss it seems something is critically wrong with Peter."

"What's wrong with him?! He was doing just fine!"

"I cannot confirm diagnosis at this time Boss."

"Alert Dr. Cho and have her prep the medical facility here. I need to know what's going on."

"Dr. Cho and the med bay are standing by for your arrival Boss."

"Thanks girl."

------------------------------------------

* many long hours later*

"Mr. Stark." A voice penetrated the painful thrum of the beeping machines.

"Helen what's wrong with him?" I asked and she gave a sigh. Motioning me to join her in the hallway. That never meant good news... I stood up and followed her.