Daydreams

The funny thing is, Kaeya knows that he was just daydreaming. It was a dream that had seared itself into his mind that would haunt him wherever he goes. And yet he still allows the thoughts to cloud his mind.

Kaeya was just a young child when he had been dispatched on a mission like this. Not only that but he also had no idea about the details on it. They had only told him that he were to infiltrate Monstadt as a spy. Young Kaeya was scared about what was to come to say the least.

When they arrived at the foreign lands of Monstadt, the young boy's father crouched down to his level, patted his head and stood back up to leave. Young Kaeya would be confused at first, but then realize what was happening when it was too late.

The young boy would scream and yell as he ran towards the figure he called a father to take him back. He would only stop when he realized that chasing is no longer an option when he could not see the shadow of his father in the distance anymore

What was the child to do? He had nowhere to go and nowhere to stay. He didn't even know where he was supposed to start. Crying from the feeling of being forsaken, Kaeya dropped to his knees onto a bed of Calla Lilies. Then, the scenery changed.

...A much older Kaeya was now running through the rain with a familiar sense of despair within him. Although he already knew what was to happen, he couldn't help but be surprised all the same.

"We've come to hel—"

Kaeya stopped his sentence towards the end when he witnessed something he wished he didn't have to see. It felt like his heart shattered to a million pieces when he found Diluc cradling a lifeless Master Crepus in the middle of the rain.

In the back of his mind, Kaeya wondered, if he had arrived even a second earlier, would he have been able to stop this from happening? He couldn't answer that question himself before he heard the sound of his sword dropping on the ground.

Kaeya thought that it wouldn't get worse than it already was. Well, he was gravely mistaken since he's now being grabbed by the collar and shook around fiercely as he's seeing a teary-eyed Diluc shouting at him. Kaeya couldn't hear what the other was shouting about in the rain but he knew the exact words anyways.

Another flash of lightning and now the two that were once sworn brothers are clashing swords. The fight between the two was the cause of their separation. It was also the fight where the younger was blessed, or in this case, cursed with his vision....

Kaeya thought it was pretty fitting. A Cryo vision for a cold, rainy night.