It's the Most Wonderful Time of Year

The weather seems to have gotten colder since yesterday, plus the weather man seems pretty positive we're about to be hit with a blizzard, and I'm not sure our little town is quite ready for it.

Finally getting to my destination after walking a few blocks in this cold, I smiled as I opened the door to my gran's café, walking in. I've loved this place since I was a little girl, and I have so many memories here. Not to mention, I live upstairs with my grandparents.

I grinned as my aunt Grace came out of the kitchen with a fresh batch of cookies.

"Hi aunty Grace, how are you?" I asked, walking over to the counter.

She smiled and placed the cookies down for a moment, walking over to hug me. "My beautiful Jessica! I missed you! I'm good, thank you. How are you, darling?" After we hugged, she went back to the cookies to start decorating them.

"Aunty Grace, I was just here yesterday. And the day before that. Just like every day. I'm good, thank you. Now, I'm gonna go clock in, and then help decorate those because as you know, I love decorating stuff!" I laughed and grabbed my things before heading into my gran's office to put my stuff in my locker and clocking in.

As I was making my way back to the front, I grabbed my apron and washed my hands before going to help decorate the cookies.

"After we're done with these, your grandfather and gran should have decorations ready for us to go get and decorate this place." Grace nudged my arm, smiling.

"Yay! Oh, hey. When are we all going to get a Christmas tree?" I asked, carefully drawing snowflakes on a cookie with white icing.

My grandparents, my aunt Grace and uncle Ben, along with their two children, Daniel and Haley, and I, all go pick out the perfect Christmas tree for the café together. It's been a tradition for as long as I can remember and we absolutely love it and look forward to it.

"I think they said we were going to pick one out tomorrow. Then, after that, gran mentioned that we need ornaments and a few new decorations, so we're all going shopping after picking out trees." Grace stood and walked to the kitchen, and brought out another fresh pan of cookies before sitting them on the counter to the side.

Grandpa came down the stairs with a box of decorations and set them down before turning toward us.

"Jessica! I didn't know you were down here. Gran and I thought Gracie here was talking to herself." He winked and laughed.

I laughed too and went to hug him. "I've been here for a little while. I pretty much clocked in when I got here and started helping her."

"Haha, dad. Very funny." Jessica smiled slightly and rolled her eyes.

We grinned and I went to help grandpa with carrying a few boxes. Before long, Grace's alarm started going off, reminding her that the daycare is closing soon.

"I'm gonna go pick the kiddos up and then we'll be right back!" Grace said, grabbing her coat and leaving.

The kids' daycare is just a few minutes away, so we can walk to get them or drop them off. They stayed the night with gran, grandpa and me last night, and I had walked them there this morning before aunty had gotten here. It's a normal routine of ours and it works.