Let it Snow

The next day, I woke up to the smell of pancakes and hot chocolate. That was enough to get me out of bed and quickly get ready before going to our kitchen. Gran was standing by the oven, cooking pancakes and bacon, while grandpa was getting fruit ready.

"Good morning, Jessica! Do you mind getting drinks ready and then putting the hot chocolate in everyone's cups?" Gran asked, smiling.

"Good morning, gran! Good morning, grandpa! It's no problem at all." I smiled, kissing them both on the cheek before grabbing seven small glasses, pouring orange juice and sitting them by everyone's plates and then grabbing seven to go coffee cups before pouring hot chocolate into them all.

Once we finished breakfast, we grabbed our things and the hot chocolate and went downstairs to put them in a couple of trays and left the cafe.

***

"Daddy! Mommy! We want this one! It's the bestest! Don't ya think?!" Daniel pulled Grace and Ben over to the tree they spotted while I kept an eye out for the perfect one for the cafe and gran and grandpa looked for the perfect one for home.

Finally, I spotted a beautiful tree and know right off that it's the one. It's a Douglas Fir, and it's absolutely perfect. It's not too tall, but not short, and it's full.

"Gran! Grandpa! I found it!" I ran up to it and stayed beside it until they came to see.

"Oh my goodness. Jessica, that one is perfect!" Grace exclaimed, grinning and staying with me.

After everyone found the tree they wanted, we went to pay for them and scheduled the delivery for later tonight. We needed to go shopping for new ornaments and some other stuff, so we went to the big shopping mall in the next town over, which only took an hour to get to.

Grace and Ben took the kids to find a few decorations for their house, while gran and grandpa went to get everything they needed. I, on the other hand, went shopping for Christmas presents, very carefully.

I bought a few small things each for everyone, hiding them well enough to not be seen and went to buy wrapping paper, tape, name tags and scissors, along with ribbon and bows. I decided I needed to go buy bigger presents tomorrow during my day off. Christmas is just a week away and I don't have any major presents..

After shopping for three hours, everyone was finished and ready to head home. We bought so many decorations and I'm so excited.

Grace, Ben and the kids decided to go home and start decorating while gran, grandpa and I grabbed some food before heading home to decorate our place.

We were getting the shopping bags out of the car when white flurries started falling all around. Snow!

I grinned and looked around, "It's so beautiful!"

Gran and grandpa laughed and agreed before carefully going inside. I followed with the rest of the bags, making sure I kept mine out of their sights.

Once we get settled and put everything where we need it, we play Christmas music and start decorating around the apartment. We finished a few hours later, now only needing to decorate the Christmas tree and the café downstairs.

An hour later, our two trees are being delivered and we set them up in the tree stands. We leave the one in the café alone, deciding we'll decorate it when we get to the rest of the decorations down there. We all go back upstairs after locking up and start putting ornaments all around it, along with Christmas lights.

Finally, after two more hours, we're finished and our little place looks so extremely Christmassy.

"How about we watch some Hallmark with hot chocolate and cookies?" He asked, smiling.

Gran and I looked at each other and grinned before looking at him and nodding. "Yes!"

Gran looked through the Hallmark channels and chose a movie that was just coming on, while grandpa got drinks and cookies. I was just looking out the window, the little flurry we had earlier has now become just full on snow. And it was beyond gorgeous.

For the end of the night, we all got comfy and enjoyed our hot chocolate and cookies, while watching the movie.