☯︎︎ 𝙘𝙝 4 ☯︎︎

"𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙝 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠"𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙝 𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚, 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙣 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙮--------------

"𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙝 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠"
𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙝 𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚, 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙣 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙮
--------------

As I stepped out of the shower, I still had Karma on my mind. This was not how he'd typically act at all. Before I even had time to think my next actions through, I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. If I was going to find out his ulterior motives, it would be right here and right now, in my crushes bathroom.

Ding.

Ding ding.

Ding-

"What's up," his chill voice asked. Way to play dumb.

"You know what's up!" I said, gritting my teeth. "So what, did you get all shy or is this your way of trying to one up me?"

"Oh, that? I decided to make my own move on her by helping her with directions. Are you jealous~?" I could feel his mischievous smirk through my phone speaker.

"Oh trust me, you should be the jealous one, since now I'm sleeping over at her house," I grinned, letting myself believe I was winning this play-argument.

"Don't make it sound so grand, I know Kayano, Kurahashi, and Fuwa are there," he sarcastically sighed.

"Well then- uh-"

"Out of comebacks so soon?"

"I was just saving my best comeback for last~!" I said in an overly happy tone. I then immediately hit the 'hang up' button, leaving me standing alone in the bathroom. I looked down at the clothes I was wearing, smelling the slightest bit of perfume. This smells like her favorite perfume, and she handed it to me with no hesitation... I quickly blocked out my thoughts, making my way down her long hallway. When I got to her room, I hesitated before slowly turning the brass knob and opening the door.

"Hey Rini!" Kurahashi beamed. Rio's room was a bit messy, with books and pillows tossed around everywhere. It smelled like lavender, as if she freshly sprayed her room in an attempt to make it seem perfect.

"Hi guys! What's everyone doing?" I asked, noticing they were sitting in a circle. Kayano seemed to be pushing profusely, making me assume someone was teasing her.

"Oh, you know, just talking about guys and stuff. See, Kayano really likes-" Fuwa started, before getting cut off by the short, green haired girl.

"S-stop! Gosh, you're so embarrassing!" she squeaked out.

"Hm... is it Nagisa?" I grinned, sitting myself down between Fuwa and Rio.

"No!" she gasped, her face getting redder by the second. I looked at Rio, who I suspected to have a thing for Nagisa. Her face faltered for a mere second before she perked up again.

"Ding ding ding! It's confirmed!" the blonde girl smirked, not letting anyone notice the hint of disappointment laced in her voice. I've always been a people reader, however, so I could easily notice this minor change. The only other person in this room I expected to notice was Fuwa, our class detective. I glanced over and gave her a knowing look, and she nodded back.

Operation cheer up Rio: commence!

"So, Kurahashi, who do you like?" I asked while already knowing the answer. In all honesty, just about everyone in the room knew who she liked. It was our own gym teacher, Mr. Karasuma.

"Mr. Karasuma, duh!" she sighed with a lovey-dovey grin. We all exchanged the look, both unimpressed and not surprised.

"How can you have a thing for a teacher? I get that he's more attractive than any other male teachers, but you're obsessed!" Fuwa exclaimed.

"Yeah, at gym I saw you about to drool over his words," I cringed. I quickly glanced over to Rio, who looked invested in this conversation. She's probably trying to distract herself from the last conversation.

"Tease me all you want, but you haven't spoken up about a crush at all! Who do you even like, Rini?" she asked with a pout. Shit. I didn't think this through. I gulped, trying to think of a guy to name. If I said I didn't like anyone, she would just pester me all night. I can't even say Karma, because then Rio would try to put us together, which was the opposite of our whole plan.

"Fuwa, who do you like?" The sad excuse of a coverup slipped out of my mouth before I could process it, but I felt a familiar and mischievous gaze on me. I looked over to see Rio giving me a knowing grin, that pretty much told me 'I'm gonna find out who you like, whether you like it or not'. And while I didn't want that to happen, I felt glad that her mind was finally off Kayano.

𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩.