1

Your intercom beeped waking you up and you let out a sigh while rolling on the bed reaching for it.

"Say what?" You grumble sleepily.

"Are you awake?" Jim's voice sounds on the other end.

"Well now I am, why?"

"I'll be at your door in ten." The line goes dead before you can say anything else.

"I'll end up smacking the crap out of him one of these days." You mutter while sitting up and rubbing the sleep from your eyes. "It's fucking Sunday." You whine

There's a knock on the door and you put on a Starfleet Academy jumper while making your way to open it

"I swear to Surak that-" You stop mid-sentence after opening and seeing Spock standing behind Jim.

"Morning sleepyhead." Jim greets, way too cheerfully, while walking past you and making you roll your eyes at him.

"Our apologies for bothering you this early on a Sunday." Says Spock, before following Jim inside.

"Morning to you too Captain, come on in." You add while closing the door then turn to look at Jim who's already sat on your couch. "Now, will any of you explain why you're here on a Sunday at freaking eight in the morning?" You ask while walking around the kitchen counter and turn on the coffee maker.

"Sure will, sweetheart." Jim answers, quickly glancing at Spock before looking at me again.

"Enlighten me." You urge him to speak before pouring yourself a cup of coffee.

"Well, you'll see. There's this favor we wanted to ask you." You hesitantly look at him, then at the vulcan before sitting on one of the armchairs opposite the couch.

"Feel free to take a seat." You tell Spock before narrowing your eyes at Jim. "I'm pretty sure you dragged Spock here only to persuade me."

"Lieutenant, I must assure you that the reason why we're here is of vital importance to Starfleet." Spock speaks before Jim can defend himself, making you look up at him, brows slightly furrowed.

"Don't you say!" You say unimpressed. "Before you continue, I must say that if Starfleet is trying to get me back, it's most likely something that won't happen." You start placing your cup on the coffee table. "Only few things would get me back into the black." You add trying to avoid the obvious argument that was building.

"Like a place back on the Enterprise?" Jim's voice sounds serious this time, his question catching you off guard.

"More like my life depending on it." You say, sounding more defensive than you had intended.

"That's not the word around Starfleet." Jim says, somewhat more cautiously.

"They don't know shit." You just about spit out the words making him cast his gaze away. "I thought that Pike knew better than to use you two to lure me back." You add before sipping your coffee.

"We're not here to lure anyone anywhere Lieu-"

"Oh, save it Spock!" He seems startled by your sudden interruption, but if he is, he doesn't show. "We three have known each other for a long time now. There's no one in this goddamned Universe who knows me better than you two and Bones do. Specially you Spock." You say. "So, don't Lieutenant me. Formalities are just that, formalities, and as far I know you're off duty." Jim lets out a huffed laugh. "But if it makes you feel like none of us knows better then go on, Commander. "

"Okay guys, please, we're not here to fight." Jim says running a hand over his face, clearly done with you two. "Spock will you please leave us alone for a minute?" Spock nods before walking out into the balcony. "Listen, Pike has nothing to do with this, okay?" He says leaning forward, his elbows on his knees. "The Enterprise needs you, I need you, Spock needs you even if you two are like goddamned kids whenever you're around each other." He pauses for a second, seeming unsure. "Bones needs you." He finally says and you look away while running a hand through your hair.

"Yeah, pointy over there seems to be doing terribly without me on that ship. As far as I'm concerned, he's still the same green-blooded asshole he was when I left." Jim rolls his eyes at your answer.

"Jeez, Bones really rubbed off on you." He sighs. "Just... consider it." He adds on a softer tone before standing up. "Spock, let's go." He calls, making his way to the door and waiting for the vulcan.

As he walks past the couch, his eyes meet yours and there's something in them you can't really put your finger on. The door closes gently, and you lean back on the armchair letting out a heavy sigh.

"Vital importance my ass." You mutter while pinching the bridge of your nose. "Well, there goes my quiet day off."