Chapter 25 - The Winter Soldier Strikes Again

"So, King Loki? Your first orders?", I ask Loki who is now sitting on the throne

"So, King Loki? Your first orders?", I ask Loki who is now sitting on the throne. Sif and the Warriors Three are here too, albeit a little angry. "Lady Sif, Meda. You are to go to Midgard. Heimdall told me that the Enchantress landed on Midgard during the attack. Bring her back before he incites another war. Not that we can thwart her, but we wish to lessen casualties.", he says. We both nodded and went on.

"Do you know how we can find Lorelei?", she asks me. "Nope, but I know someone who might.", I say and I hold her hand as well as Ether's. "Hold on tight.", I say to Sif as I teleported the three of us in the Himinbjorg. "To where you last saw Lorelei, Heimdall.", I say and he activates the Bifrost as we stepped in.

We arrived in front of a SHIELD convoy I conclude to be our welcoming party, and it looks like its Coulson's team. "We are in luck. They're part of Coulson's team.", I said to Sif. We approached the team and Sif tells them the problem. "May, Fitzsimmons, Ward. Good to see you here.", I greeted them. "How do you know us?", Ward asked clearly not hearing of me in the Battle of New York. "You may have known me as the Angel of Europe, also as the co-founder of SHIELD.", I introduced myself. "Let's get going the more time we stand here, the more the threat grows.", I say getting in one of the cars.

+++++++++++++

We arrive at the SHIELD base where the Bus is parked and entered the Bus. We are at the planning room and Coulson arrives shocking Sif. "What dark magic is this? Thor said you perished at the hand of Loki.", she says grabbing her sword. "Don't. Just. Don't", I say stopping her from attempting to kill Coulson. "And he was right... for a while, anyway. But Loki wasn't the only one with some tricks up his sleeve. Turns out, S.H.I.E.L.D. had a few of their own.", he says.

"Yeah, about Loki. He is currently the king of Asgard, he was the one who assigned us in this mission.", I say. The look of confusion on his face is priceless. "And also, as SHIELD director, I added Loki in the initiative. He's an Avenger now.", I continued. "Excuse me, what?", he says still shocked. "Yeah, so you know last year the universe almost ended right? Well, Loki helped us in averting that universal tragedy and we got her. Ether, this is Coulson. Vice-director of SHIELD. Coulson, this is Ether. She's one of my daughters and the Infinity Stone that holds and controls the fabric of reality.", I say which further confuses all of them. "Don't worry I'll explain later.", I say.

"Thor will be pleased to hear it. He considers you a friend.", Sif say to Coulson. "I feel the same, which is why I'd prefer he hear it from me, if that's okay. I understand you're looking for someone.", Coulson says. "Yes. We're hunting her. Her name is Lorelei.", I say. "600 years ago, she used her powers to wreak havoc across the nine realms, to command armies, bring down kings, empires.", Sif fills in the information.

"What kind of powers we talking about? Strength? Speed?", Ward asks. "Ah, Liebchen. If only it were that easy.", I say false expression. "Sorcery. She bends and shapes the will of men to her own purpose.", Sif says. "Dark Magic at that. Once a childhood friend of Loki's now both consider each as mortal enemy.", I added. "Only men? Her powers don't work on women?", May asks. "No. Men have an inherent weakness we do not share.", Sif says and is quickly denied by Fitz and Ward. "Ego shattered aren't we boys.", I chuckled at the two.