1.3 • the unforgiven

"hello father." I tried to mask my fear by smiling.

"ashlynn," he took a deep breath, "where the fuck have you been?"

"I ran out of gas and a friend picked me up and I lost track of time." I forced the words out of my mouth quickly.

"oh really? who is this 'friend'?"

"um, it was Kimberly, you know my old friend from high school? we ran into each other at the cafe." he knew I was lying, but he let me go to my room for the rest of the night.

I woke up to a loud bang coming from directly under my room, the kitchen. I figured it was just my mother making her usual morning clatter, so I thought nothing of it. then I heard yelling. my eyes shot open and I glanced at my phone to check the time. it was 9:45. meaning I had slept through my alarms and I had a feeling the yelling and banging was because of liam.

I slowly crept down the stairs, trying not to be heard. as soon as I could see into the kitchen I saw liam with his back to the counter and my father standing in front of him punching him repeatedly. I ran down the stairs and tried to make him stop.

"what the fuck, father!" I screamed, knowing that would get his attention.

"what did you just say to me?" he turned away from liam to face me.

"what are you doing to him?" I was sobbing. I didn't care that liam was seeing me cry.

"this asshole had the nerve to come back here and ask for you."

"I'm almost twenty one years old, I can help myself! you don't need to beat him up! he did nothing wrong."

"ashlynn, stop it! do not use that time with me!"

"no! I'm so tired of this. I decide who is in my life, not you! you don't own me!"

"get out."

"what?" I whispered.

"get the fuck out of my house, ashlynn."

"but-"

"leave!" my father yelled at me.

I looked over to liam and he nodded. I went to my room, tears running down my face, to pack my things.

I could only take a small suitcase. it's all I could find. I silently exited the house and put my bag in the back seat. as soon as I sat in the passenger seat, I lost it. I became a blabbering, sobbing mess. I don't know why liam was putting up with me, but he was driving.

I finally stopped sobbing. only silent tears fell from my eyes. liam parked his car outside of his house and grabbed my suitcase. I silently followed him inside. I went straight to his bedroom and made myself at home on his bed. a few minutes later liam came in carrying two cups, which I assume had tea in them. he sat them down and pulled me into a tight hug.

"you're welcome to stay here, baby." I slightly smiled at his kindness and the pet name he used.

"thank you."

we drank our tea and I ended up falling asleep wrapped in Liam's arms.

____________________
too cliche?
don't even try to say the story is moving too fast or that they've "only known each other for a few months"
IT DOESN'T TAKE YEARS TO FALL IN LOVE / CARE ABOUT SOMEONE.

anyone get the Metallica reference in the title?
no?
okay. :x

ily

remember to vote and comment! I would love some feedback from you guys.