Field Trip

Sophie

"Sophie!!! Time for school", I giggled when I heard my mum shout. Even though she knew that I was already awake, she still called out. 

I was your tomboy type girl, I got up at 6 am to do my daily badminton practise every day even though school was at 9 and I needed only 45 minutes to get ready and get to school since we lived like 10 minutes away.

Also, today was Field trip day, so I got up at 5:30 but wasn't able to sleep again so I started reading... 

Reading is my third favourite thing, after sports and dancing. After half an hour I took my badminton racket a shuttle and started doing wall practice, which means hitting the shuttle against the wall repeatedly.

I put on my favourite army print t-shirt and shorts and jumped downstairs to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

I was super excited for today... We were going to the theme park!!

When I entered, Mum was preparing her tea in the kitchen. She told me that she had made a special lunch for me today!!

I checked my watch, it was 8:27 am... I quickly made a sandwich and put in my lunch box and water bottle... While packing my bag, I ate my sandwich, then I went outside...

I unlocked my cycle and went over to Vicky's house.

Vicky, short for Victoria, is my best friend as long as I can remember. We have been neighbours for ages!!!

I went next door and rang the doorbell, Mrs Greenwood (Victoria's mum) answered.

"Hi, Sophie!!"

"Hello, Mrs Thorn"

Vicky suddenly appeared beside her mum.

"Come on, Vic!!"

Me and Victoria went to her garage, she unlocked her cycle and we went on our way to school, chatting while cycling.

When we reached school, we hurried to our classroom and sat down at our desks, which were beside each other...

Suddenly the principal walked into the room and said something to our teacher.

When the principal left, our teacher turned toward us and said, "I'm sorry children, but the theme park is closed today."

At those words, the whole class began to talk to each other. And with a class of 40 students, that is a lot of noise.

"Quiet please! Instead we are going to the town's most famous museum!! Isn't that exciting!", our teacher called out.

I rolled my eyes and the whole class groaned except for Vic. Vicky is a huge art fan and the town's museum is based mainly on art. But a field trip is a field trip, it isn't always that the school takes us out.

We piled into the bus and started talking. She was telling me about the latest song she had heard and it such a slow and sad one that I nodded off.