What I want and What you wanted

You never felt so sad in your life. Tears were streaming down your cheeks like waterfalls. Your heart tightened painfully in your chest, your body couldn't stop shacking and your thoughts were all over the place.

You tried to keep quiet, knowing that your classmates were worried enough about the situation itself but you couldn't do anything to stop those emotions. They knew how hard this all hit you since you had been so close to the boy. Sob after sob left your body, always accompanied by a painful cry.

"Y/N?" You heard Mina's voice on the other side of the door but you didn't react. You didn't even consider to let her in and share your pain with anyone because you knew that the only way to make this stop was for him to come back.

"Please, open the door! You can't stay in there forever" Momo's voice was now calling out to you but she also didn't receive an answer.

"Come on, how about we go get ice cream? You love ice cream!" Eijirou piped in. You knew the red head good enough to tell that he tried hard to sound cheerful, even though he was probably sad, too.

But you didn't want ice cream. He loved ice cream, too.

Another sob racked through your body, even louder than the other one.

"You idiot, don't remind her of things she used to do with him" you heard Mina whisper-yell which normally would make you laugh if it wasn't for your broken heart.

"Forget what he said. Just let us in, so we can talk about what happened. I know you are hurt. We are, too. Together we can get through this" Momo tried to convince you to let them in once again.

You didn't want to hear that though. Being together couldn't solve everything. If that was the case, he would be here now and talk to you instead of running away.

"Just leave" you cried out, your voice hoarse.

"Fine but we will come back later, okay? Don't forget we will always be here for you" Mina said, not knowing that she couldn't keep her word.

Izuku left close to the end of your third year, just before graduation. His disappearance was a huge shock to the entire school but it hit you and your classmates the hardest. After all, Izuku used to be the ideal hero in everyone's eyes but now he officially ran away since there was no sign for an abduction. He even took things with him, so people were sure he ran away on his own free will but that fact didn't make you feel better.

Because now you were questioning if the two had been really as close as you thought you had been.

-

You slowly woke up from your slumber. You couldn't remember the last time you slept that well which was why you didn't hesitate to snuggle back into your pillow, hoping to get another hour of sleep.

Only when your mind finally caught up to the events of last night, your eyes snapped open. Memories came back to you, making you aware that the soft thing beneath you wasn't some pillow but the fabric of Izuku's hoodie and underneath the soft fabric was Izuku's chest.

You didn't know what to do nor how to feel. You couldn't deny that being this close to him felt comfortable and even though your heartbeat started to pick up due to your nervousness, this didn't feel wrong.

But shouldn't it feel exactly that?

You slightly shifted, placing your chin on his chest in order to see his face.

His curls were even messier and stuck out into every direction. The expression he wore was so innocent it made it almost impossible to believe that he was a villain. His long lashes brushed his cheeks that held a rosy glow. His breath came out in soft puffs, forming a rhythm with the way his chest heaved up every time he breathed in.