Chapter 2

Edited, more information has been added.

Beep, beep, beep 

That's all I have been hearing from the past 2 minutes. This voice is starting to irritate me know. When I finally had the courage to open my eyes, there was a blinding white light, which again caused me to close my eyes almost immediately and put my hand over them.

"Just a second, I am going to dim the lights," an unknown  male voice said.

I heard the light switch go off.

"Okay, dear now you can remove your hand and open your eyes. I have dimmed the lights," repeated the same voice.

 I slowly unsurely opened my eyes. As soon as I opened them, I saw my so called family. My father was fake smiling. On the outside it night look like he was just another parent, but I knew better. Behind that smile was a mad man that was enraged, as if he could kill anyone, and in this situation, maybe me.where as my stop mom, was smirking, thinking that I was going to get killed today, and if  that that happens, that'd be the bestday of my life. 

Thinking about my father and stepmom, I managed to avoid the burning sensation at the back of my throat.

"Water," I managed to croak out, my voice all hoarse.

The nurse  standing beside me gave  me  a glass full water.I snatched it from her hands and quickly drank it as if I was drinking away my fear.

Saying I was scared would be the understatement of the year, I was terrified. But then again, my Mom told me a miracle would happen, and I would be happy again, but again I doubted it. Ever since Mom died, I was never happy, and the thought of happiness entering my life again made me feel a tad bit hopeful. I looked around the room, taking in the surroundings. The place itself was extremely luxurious, and I was surprised my Father took me to a well reputated hospital: perhaps to keep his image in the media.

After a few minutes the doctor came back into the room with a clipboard an his hands.

"Okay dear, me and my team, took some tests while you were unconscious. Well the results are very bad. You have broken ribs and are going to take a few weeks to heal, and for the time period you are going to stay here, at the hospital," I sneaked a glance at Dad whose fake smile turned into a frown.

"Why can't she come back home," asked my so called Dad.

"Well that's because she also has some scars at her back, that can be affected if they are not treated immediately," replied the doctor.

"Darling, let her rest for a weeks, in the end she has to come home," Stepmother calmed down my dad.

I sighed, I knew what was awaiting for me when I returned home. Beatings, chores, no food for me, it was the same thing every single day.

One hour later (SpongeBob voice)

I was sleeping when my best friend's shouting woke me up from my dream less sleep.

"OMG Marinette, don't you dare pull this stunt with me again. Killing yourself? What were you even thinking?"

"Keep it down, will you?" I asked her.

"Okay fine," replied Chloe. She sat down with me on the hospital bed and raised an eyebrow as if asking me to tell the answer for her previous question.

"Well I thought I would be able to see Mom, and you already know of my situation. And is it crazy that I saw my mom? She told me that some miracle is going to happen a ND I would be happy," I scoffed at the last part of the sentence.

"Well you never know, miracles do happen, plus its also Christmas time," replied my ever do happy best friend.