𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

*Trigger Warning*

I made this part shorter for anyone who doesn't want to read this so you won't miss any important information if you skip it. If you're skipping, ily and appreciate you, see ya in the next chapter :)

The world is spinning around me and I can't make it stop. If feels like I'm underwater and I can't see the surface - it feels like I'm drowning.

My head is pounding and I just feel so helpless... It's like I'm screaming at the top of my lungs and no one can hear me. Or no one wants to listen. And I'm tired of screaming.

Barely thinking, I rush to the bathroom and throw open the medicine cupboard. Inside I find an orange vial filled with little white capsules.

I shake the bottle and two pills fall into my palm. I gulp them down with some water. I don't feel any different. I pour out another three and swallow them. Then another five, then a small handful of them.

I can feel my emotions slowly starting to ebb, numbing my mind. I start to feel limp, like I'm floating.

There are a few pills left in the bottle, I can't tell exactly how many, they just look like a blur of white.

I hear muffled knocking and shouting at the door. I haphazardly screw the lid on the bottle and stuff it back into the cupboard.

My hands are shaking uncontrollably and my legs feel like they're about to collapse. My thoughts are starting to subside, getting quieter. I feel light-headed and have to lean on the edge of the sink and steady myself.

The shouting and banging gets louder. It sounds like my dad, but I don't know what he's saying. I swing the cupboard door closed to see Tate's face behind my shoulder in the mirror.

I go to turn around but my legs give way and everything goes black. That's the last thing I remember.

𝚃𝚊𝚝𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Evie turns limp and starts to fall to the ground. I dive to catch her, laying her down, her head in my lap. I place my hands either side of her face and shake her gently.

"Evie... Please wake up. Please," I plead, my tears staining her shirt as I lean over her.

Why would she take so many?

I lean down so that my ear is over her mouth. I'm relieved to hear her breathing, albeit strained. I put one arm underneath her just below her shoulders and the other under her knees, lifting her up and climbing into the bathtub.

Turning on the cold water, I gently place her down. I push my fingers to the back of her throat, trying to make her throw up.

Please work.

I feel her jerk back to consciousness, and I hold the hair back from her face as she vomits. She leans back into me and starts crying. I take a sigh of relief and wrap my arms around her, pulling her in tight.