⌺Chapter 1: Just an Ordinary Day ⌺

"Chirp, chirp, chirp..."

The harmonious singing of the birds just outside the window of a seemingly empty house and the cloudy sky often times blocking the sunrays from peeking out- it was just an ordinary day at Mondstadt.

A girl, seemingly around her teenage years, can be found lying down on her bed with a book on hand. Her purplish white locks scattered on the bed like the waves of the ocean and her nonchalant crimson orbs focused on the literature she was reading- "The legend of Vanessa."

Right, it was a peaceful morning for the girl named Yulei. The atmosphere was almost perfect to relax.

Keyword- 'almost'.

It was a nice peaceful day indeed, but a rhythmic knocking on the door followed by a cheerful voice called her from the outside.

"Yulei, are you there? come on, let's go get something to eat! I heard Sara's cooking Sticky Honey Roast for today. I can't wait~!" The cheerful brunette informed the lazed girl, who didn't respond back. She silently heaved a sigh as she already knows what is about to come.

Her peaceful lazing around in morning would be ruined anytime now-

The sound of her door opening made her quickly fully cover herself of blanket. Right, she really regrets giving the girl her house key. Why did she give it to her again? was she drunk that time? She could only facepalm at herself and regret.

"Yuleeeii~ come onnn, I'm hungryy~ I know you're awake. I saw you reading a book while I was gliding, you know? Nothing escapes from my eyes, he he~!"

Having no choice but to give up on her dilly dallying, she groaned loudly while pulling away the blanket out of her face. With a frown, she expressed her reluctance to go out. "Amber, it's too early. Who would want to go out this early-oh. I mean...you know what? Forget it." Yulei tried to reason out, but Amber's determined smile was telling her not to refuse. She further realized that she gave a very stupid reason not to go out- saying that on a knight who probably wakes up before chickens.

"No buts! I hope you didn't forget your promise the other day? You said you'll join me on my patrol~ Come onnn~ You'll help your bestest friend, right? Riiiigghht~?" The energetic brunette jumped on her bed, clinging on the white-haired girl with a pleading face. Giving up on trying to convince the stubborn girl, she pried the brunette's face off her making the said girl grin in triumph.

Thinking that her peaceful morning was already ruined anyways, she put the book that she was reading on the bedside as she stood up.

"Fine. you owe me a plate of the roast. Just let me get myself fixed up first."

"Roger that! Though, hmm~ I'm pretty positive that you can't just resist this outrider's plea. Can you~?"

Amber jokingly poked her several times as she laughs. "Well then, hurry up Yulei. Late chickens won't get any foods you know?"

"Right, right. I, for sure, don't want to be a chic-"

"Hush, hush. just go prepare already cause I'm hungry!"

Yulei was shoved in her bathroom with the door barely touching her face when Amber slammed it shut.

---

"Aaaah, Food here is splendid as usual! I'm stuffed~"

"You always eat meat. Don't get too fat or you'll find gliding difficult." Yulei joked with a slight smirk.

"Ahaha, your jokes are very funny, as usual." Amber laughed in a forced manner, but she was already used to this kind of jokes Yulei says every now and then. "But this responsible outrider always exercises and jogs in the morning! You don't have to worry."

"But- what is that fat I see on your waist?" Yulei started to poke on Amber's stomach, which made her giggle for a bit before glancing down her stomach. In truth, it was just Yulei messing around with her-  and they both knew well that Amber has a nice figure, fitting for a knight.

"Really? Then I should get better in patrolling and running! And you should help me too!"

"...I was just kidding, you know?" Yulei slightly pouted, which made amber giggle before hugging her. "Awee, I know you'll still end up helping me~I have such a great friend by my side!"

Yulei looked away in embarrassment, a slight blush adorning her face. Amber just stared at her shy friend before standing up.

"Well then, we should get going. I think the hilichurls are getting more active these days."

"M'kay. let's beat them up so they never bother my rest again."

Amber just giggled at her friend's remarks as they both started to get going, with her humming while leaping like a rabbit as she walks. However, she abruptly stopped on her tracks when she saw Yulei absentmindedly staring at the sky.

"...It's about to rain."

The sun is bright and the sky clear at the moment, but she can see the certainty in those crimson orbs of hers.

The brunette couldn't help but feel amazed at her friend's ability to tell the weather. She wonders how much secret does her friend hides-besides the fact that she's a Snezhnayan, but she wouldn't dare pry. Yulei for sure will tell her in the future herself.

⌺-End of Chapter 1-⌺