~ Chapter Eleven: A Reunion, I thought, at First ~

(Pin)

"It's time for Coiny to go already..?"

Pin had to hold in her fear as tight as she could to stop her voice from wavering. She wanted to say goodbye to Coiny just one more time, in case something horrible were to happen, but by the time she rushed up to where Golf Ball was standing beside the melted-out wall, Coiny was already half-way inside.

"Don't say anything," Golf Ball warned her in a hiss, clearly sensing that Pin was about to call out to her friend. "I won't!" Pin retorted, only to be shushed gently by Leafy. "Okay," Firey whispered, and even his voice was tainted with worry. "He's inside," he continued, murmuring. 

Pin took a few paces forward, her eyes clouded with apprehension, before Golf Ball stopped her once again. "No!" Golf Ball growled as quietly as she could (which was pitifully loud anyway,) "don't go poking your head in there!" she continued, and Pin saw her cheeks redden with fury. "Fine," Pin spoke, defeated, but her sympathy for Golf Ball didn't waver. She knew that Golf Ball was hurting just as much as her.

~~~

(Coiny)

As the hushed bickering of the objects outside died away, Coiny felt almost entirely suffocated by the metal walls around him. It seemed that even the light from outside was fading, and he could only focus on the darkness. 

The room was entirely empty -- and it was smaller than he thought it would be. Then, he realised that that must have been because there were multiple rooms inside the giant metal block. Taking a shallow breath, he began to trail his hands along the walls, until his fingers caught on a small hatch. It was a doorknob. "Okay," he said to himself. "You can do this..."

But when he stepped into the next dark room, all Coiny wanted to do was run as far away as he possibly could. A desolate whirring rang in the air, and he couldn't place from where it was coming from -- but that was the least of his worries in the moment. For all around him, strapped to chairs or heavy, unmovable blocks, were objects; and not just any objects; his friends.

Lollipop was the only one there with her eyes remotely open. "Lollipop!" Coiny called, running up to her side immediately. He shook her, surprised when, when he took his hand away, some of her face came off in a wet strand of liquid candy as if it was being melted by his touch. "Lollipop..." he repeated in horror, terror making his heart pound. "Can you... Can you speak?" he asked lamely, but all he got in response was a vacant groan. It didn't even sound like her voice, and upon closer inspection, Coiny realised that everything about Lollipop in the moment was completely and utterly vacant. 

Her eyes, though open, looked cloudy and thoughtless...

The shine was gone from her once bright purple candy, and even in the darkness Coiny could tell the colour had been completely ripped from her face, turning the bright purple into a sickly desaturated version of its former self...

He glared around, hoping the other objects were not in such horrible shape; but he realised that each one was as despondent and unresponsive as ever. "What... What happened to you all?" he asked, mostly himself, as he watched the objects stare at him with sightless eyes. He spotted Four, X, and Two, murmuring incomprehensively to themselves. 

After his terror mildly faded, his mind focused back onto the whirring noise, which seemed to have gotten much louder. Taking a rattling breath to calm himself down (though it wasn't particularly effective,) Coiny began investigating the area. There was truly not much to see, despite the horrific states of the objects around him, and though the whirring noise was blatantly evident, he still could not tell where it was coming from. 

It took a while, but eventually, he realised there was truly nothing to see in the giant TLC. After Coiny had realised this, he prepared to leave -- but the sudden stop of the whirring noise notified his attention, and his curiosity was immediately piqued once again. His back at been to the inside of the TLC since he had almost left, but the light was shut off from him at once when something landed with a giant CRASH in front of the hole Firey had melted in the metal. Coiny froze. What WAS that!?

There was another horrifying whirr, and at once, Coiny realised that what had blocked off the light was not just a stray piece of metal -- it was a giant version of The Announcer, as revealed by the "eye" that had just opened up in the metal. Sucking in a terrified breath, Coiny stumbled backwards, only to feel a cold hand touch him. Immediately turning around, he recognised Pen. The vacant stare in his eyes was still evident as it had been with the other objects, but something was different now. 

Pen gripped Coiny's wrist, making Coiny flinch backwards. "Pen.. This isn't you, is it? What.. What's going on?" he mumbled desperately, pushing Pen away -- but another object was there to take him. In the dark, he couldn't tell who it was, and at that moment, the only voice that rang out in the room was The Announcer's. 

"The mastermind that created your plan was clever, yes," The Announcer spoke. "But I have my own plan. Your friends are your friends no longer."