Confession

> "I like you."

Hinata Hyuga sat on the swing in front of the academy, red blush lightly painted against her cheeks due to both her feelings and the cold October air.

She held a red scarf in her lap, folded perfectly in a square. She had made it just for that night since Naruto's marriage information was due to arrive by then.

"Hinata!" Naruto yelled, running over through the leaves. "Oiiii! You needed to see me?"

Hinata blushed harder, nodding slightly. Hours before, she had posted a note to his house door, asking him to meet her at the academy, where her feelings first began to bloom for him.

She wanted to tell him so badly even if it were a few minutes before he received his info.

"H-happy birthday, Naruto-kun," she spoke softly, putting up fake smile.

The thought of her first and only love being with someone other than herself had weighed her heart down like an anchor in the deep dark sea. Tears began to fill her eyes, and a lump grew in her throat.

"My apologies," she barely managed to get out, eyes facing the ground.

"Hinata... are you...crying?" he asked, tilting his head to the side as a tear fell down her rose colored cheeks.

The young girl wiped the tear away from view and got up slowly, bowing, holding the red scarf to her chest. "This was a waste of your time. I apologize."

Hinata held the scarf to Naruto, smiling. "Happy birthday again. I'm really sorry for asking you here this late," she smiled before walking off.

As she left his view, Naruto felt the soft fabric against the palms of his hands, the warmth of Hinata's love and scent between each of the red strings.

His hands gripped the soft material tightly and he began to turn and run.

"HINATAA! WAIT!"

The girl turned with puffy, red eyes; obvious signs that she had been crying just moments before.

"Thanks for this," Naruto grinned like a fool. Hinata slightly smiled, "You're welcome," she whispered. She began to turn away with a frown when suddenly, Naruto caught her hand.

"Wait," he said, smiling.

Hinata looked back, her eyes catching his. The short distance between them was just enough to make her blush again.

"You were going to say something earlier, weren't you? Just say it! I won't get mad; believe it!"

She had prepared for this moment for most of her childhood; her admiration and love for the boy ready to be declared, but she no sound came from her mouth.

Hinata doubted herself. What if he were to reject her? She couldn't even fathom that thought. Maybe Naruto was better off just getting his marriage information.

She looked into his blue eyes intensely, then shut her own, tightly.

She whispered in the silence, "I like you."

A/n: I finally published it